Job offersmore »
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
- Entomologist Position - Leamington, Ontario, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "24% labor savings with new strawberry container"
- Mexico: Agropark growers starting their crop change
- Success of 'cana-business' relies on efficient commercial greenhouse technology
- US: BioWorks launches new OMRI-Listed biofungicide for botrytis control
- US: BrightFarms recalls produce due to potential presence of metal pieces
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Growing vine crops without daylight is possible. Here, there and everywhere...
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: Javo breaks ground on new siteJano Holding, the parent company of Nobels Machinefabriek, Javo, Agro Techniek Holland and Javo International, broke ground on its new, state-of-the-art factory and sales office on March 3, 2017. The 3.7 hectare (9 acre) site includes manufacturing space of more than 13,500 m2 (145,300 ft2) and total office, production and showroom space of 5,100 m2 (55,000 ft2). Construction is expected to be complete in the 4th quarter of 2017.
The new facility allows Jano to consolidate its holdings into a centrally-located, two-building facility at the site. Javo, Javo International and Nobels Machinefabriek will inhabit one building that includes 13,500 m2 (145,300 ft2) for manufacturing and 1,600 m2 (17,200 ft2) for offices and a showroom. A second building for Agro Techniek Holland will have 3,500 m2 (37,700 ft2) for production, offices and a showroom. The site also includes ample room for expected growth in the companies.
The ceremony was performed by the founder of Nobels, Arnold van Nobelen, the father of the current owner, Ber van Nobelen. Arnold van Nobelen started the company more than 60 years ago in Noordwijkerhout, Holland. In 1986 it moved to a larger premises at an industrial estate in Katwijk. Nobels will return to its roots in Noordwijkerhout, a few hundred meters from the original site.
“It is quite a special feeling" admitted Ber van Nobelen in his speech. Noordwijkerhout alderman, Martijn Bilars, welcomed the company back to the heart of the Bollenstreek, “Noordwijkerhout is proud of such a beautiful company with a lot of jobs which will be located within their municipal boundaries.”
For more information:
Publication date: 3/10/2017
Other news in this sector: