Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (AZ): The future of farming takes root
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Ultra-thin MA film seeks to revolutionize packaging
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Tecnova signs R&D&I agreement with Vélez-Málaga
Mr Ángel Barranco, president of the Tecnova Foundation, and Mr Antonio Moreno Ferrer, mayor of Vélez-Málaga, have signed a collaboration agreement with the goal of planning business R&D&I activities, the provision of advice and the organization of technical conferences, as well as the implementation of the future subtropical observatory.
The agreement, reached on 2 March, also foresees working together with the Costa del Sol Axarquía Techno Food Park in order to offer companies in the sector the possibility of improving their competitiveness, productivity and technological development through innovation.
Mari Carmen Galera, General Director of Tecnova, states that "the Foundation is firmly committed to promoting innovation and business development, and for this reason, we believe that the document signed will be beneficial for both institutions. We want to support the park in the promotion of R&D&I among subtropical companies, as they have great potential both in terms of production techniques and in the marketing and processing of avocados, mangoes and other new crops with a high added value."
Without a doubt, this collaboration agreement will generate the necessary synergies to place both entities in line with the promotion of the subtropical sector. To this end, the Foundation will contribute with its more than 15 years' experience in cultivation techniques and technological development and will be providing technical and human resources, infrastructures and laboratories for advisory and support services.
All this will entail an increase in the amount of aid provided by the Tecnova Foundation to the companies based in the Tropical Coast, with the goal of giving their competitiveness a boost.
The idea is to start collaborating with Technopolis in the implementation of the Subtropical Observatory, since it is an emblematic project that will allow the region to become known as a leading name in the agro-food sector.
Publication date: 3/9/2017
Other news in this sector: