Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- NatureFresh Farms develops unconventional pest management methods
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- Dutch police raids greenhouses in heroin investigation
- Boy de Nijs joins Ridder Group
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Meet the people behind Backyard Farms' plantsBackyard Farms has started a new series on their blog. With over 200 full time employees working hard behind the scenes of their 42-acre greenhouse, they want to introduce you to some of them.
First up is Liza Graham, Director of Crop Care.
"Liza came to us directly out of college as a part-time crop care worker. We can barely believe she'll be celebrating her 10-year anniversary with us in June! Employees who were here when Liza started are quick to recall how hard she worked from Day 1, handling physical jobs like lowering plants and rolling up tarps with ease. Liza's work ethic earned her several promotions over the years, beginning with Crop Team Lead where she mentored and trained her co-workers. From there, Liza became Packhouse Manager where she oversaw all activities from the time our tomatoes are picked to the moment they are shipped. That experience gave Liza a complete understanding of our business but growing is her true passion. She eventually went back into the greenhouse as Crop Care Manager where she furthered her reputation for leading by example. In July of last year, Liza's hard work paid off with her most recent promotion to Crop Care Director."
Read the full blog here.
Publication date: 3/10/2017
Other news in this sector: