Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgian agro-biotech company raises €11 millionAgroSavfe NV, a Belgium-based agro-biotech company, announced today that it extended its Series B financing round to €11 million.
The funds will be used to accelerate the development of the Company’s novel Agrobodies as a new generation of biopesticides and to roll out the international registration process.
Agrobodies are small proteins that are designed and formulated to specifically bind to essential target molecules of crop pests and diseases. AgroSavfe has generated Agrobodies with anti-fungal activity and is developing these into a novel class of biofungicides. The company is pursuing an ambitious global product development program from its R&D centre at the Technologiepark in Ghent.
Sofinnova Partners joins earlier investors Agri Investment Fund, Biovest, Gimv, Globachem, Madeli Participaties, PMV, Qbic and VIB.
“We are very impressed with the potential of the Agrobody technology. Agro chemicals, and in particular fungicides and insecticides, are huge markets that biologicals can address if they can be scaled up and produced at competitive cost compared to chemical compounds. This is central to our investment philosophy for Sofinnova IB I, our new fund in industrial biotech, that is dedicated to renewable chemistry.” said Denis Lucquin, Managing Partner of Sofinnova Partners.
Lieven De Smedt, chairman of the board of AgroSavfe adds: “Started in 2013 as a spin off from VIB, AgroSavfe has now become a truly international AgTech company with a proven technology platform, an experienced team and a Board with top-league seasoned investors and entrepreneurs. Needless to say that it is a great pleasure that Denis joins our new Board to help AgroSavfe to become a world player in biopesticides, serving both conventional and biological farming.”
For more information:
Ghent 9052, Belgium
Phone: +32 (0)9 261 0690
Fax: +32 (0)9 261 0699
Publication date: 3/13/2017
Other news in this sector: