Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgian agro-biotech company raises €11 millionAgroSavfe NV, a Belgium-based agro-biotech company, announced today that it extended its Series B financing round to €11 million.
The funds will be used to accelerate the development of the Company’s novel Agrobodies as a new generation of biopesticides and to roll out the international registration process.
Agrobodies are small proteins that are designed and formulated to specifically bind to essential target molecules of crop pests and diseases. AgroSavfe has generated Agrobodies with anti-fungal activity and is developing these into a novel class of biofungicides. The company is pursuing an ambitious global product development program from its R&D centre at the Technologiepark in Ghent.
Sofinnova Partners joins earlier investors Agri Investment Fund, Biovest, Gimv, Globachem, Madeli Participaties, PMV, Qbic and VIB.
“We are very impressed with the potential of the Agrobody technology. Agro chemicals, and in particular fungicides and insecticides, are huge markets that biologicals can address if they can be scaled up and produced at competitive cost compared to chemical compounds. This is central to our investment philosophy for Sofinnova IB I, our new fund in industrial biotech, that is dedicated to renewable chemistry.” said Denis Lucquin, Managing Partner of Sofinnova Partners.
Lieven De Smedt, chairman of the board of AgroSavfe adds: “Started in 2013 as a spin off from VIB, AgroSavfe has now become a truly international AgTech company with a proven technology platform, an experienced team and a Board with top-league seasoned investors and entrepreneurs. Needless to say that it is a great pleasure that Denis joins our new Board to help AgroSavfe to become a world player in biopesticides, serving both conventional and biological farming.”
For more information:
Ghent 9052, Belgium
Phone: +32 (0)9 261 0690
Fax: +32 (0)9 261 0699
Publication date: 3/13/2017
Other news in this sector: