Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (RI): Coastal Aeroponics preliminary MMJ cultivation approval revokedTwo medical marijuana growers who were in the process of seeking one of the state's new marijuana cultivation licenses were arrested last week after state officials conducted an unannounced inspection.
Stefanie Fischer and Thomas Moulton, the owners of Coastal Aeroponics LLC, a registered medical marijuana growing operation in Warwick, were arrested Feb. 22. Fischer, 26, and Moulton, 29, were charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana and possession of more than a kilogram of marijuana, state police spokeswoman Laura Meade Kirk said.
The state Department of Business Regulation has also revoked the company's application for a cultivator license. (Coastal Aeroponics' initial application was approved in January. The company's full license was pending a final inspection.)
"My clients have worked diligently to comply with the DBR's medical marijuana cultivator licensing regulatory process. ... They certainly would never jeopardize the final stage of their licensing process by distributing marijuana without proper licensing," said James Ryan, an attorney representing the couple. "We are appealing the DBR order and are confident that they will be exonerated of these allegations."
Read more at the Providence Journal
Publication date: 3/7/2017
Other news in this sector: