Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canada: Trudeau put to work at new Lufa Farms greenhouse
- US: Coalition for Sustainable Organics advocates for organic hydroponics
- US: "Nature Fresh in discussions to build greenhouse facilities in Maine"
- NL: Chinese-style solar greenhouse about to open at WUR
- "3% more cucumbers with high-wire cultivation under lights"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: $20M MMJ facility proposed in Northern MichiganA Canadian cannabis company has plans to build a $20 million medical marijuana plant in the Northern Michigan village of Kingsley.
Officials representing TheraCann International recently presented its plans to Kingsley's Downtown Development Authority.
The Calgary-based company is proposing a 100,000 square-foot growing facility that will be located on the east end of town in the village's industrial park.
TheraCann, which operates throughout North America, identified Kingsley because it has space for the facility in its industrial park, which is also located close to a state highway. Kingsley also has some of the most affordable water and sewer rates in the region, VanBoxel said.
"One of TheraCann's employees also has family in the area and really enjoys it," he added.
The proposal comes just weeks after Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder made a recommendation for Michigan's budget to include nearly $9 million in regulatory fees to support medical marijuana regulations and enforcement provisions.
Read more at MLive.com
Publication date: 3/8/2017
Other news in this sector: