Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
FibreDust opened 2nd Anar Coir plant:
India: Production of coir pith expanded with new fiber millIndian coir manufacturer FibreDust has recently opened a new production plant. The new and first fiber mill for long fiber extraction will allow the company to self procure raw material for their processing purposes and increase their availability of coco coir pith 'byproduct' for the manufacturing of the coir growing media products that FibreDust is known for.
The 'Anar Coir Pvt Ltd Unit II' fiber mill plant, conveniently located directly across the street from the existing Anar Coir plant, was opened on February 14 in the presence of distinguished guests Thomas Christ Gartner and Chad Michael Wills of The Scotts Company LLC USA. Also in attendance were FibreDust LLC CEO Sam Ahilan, Satheesh Ragothaman, Director of Anar Coir, Anar Coir Factory Manager Sararthy Parasarathy, and the entire staff of Anar Coir Unit 1.
Mr Parasarathy, construction manager for the project, confirmed that the construction on the fiber mill began in early 2016, with completion in January 2017. Since the ribbon cutting and dedication, Unit II is now in full production mode, creating the pretty blond coir fibers commonly used in upholstery, rope, rugs, mats and more. The “byproduct”, plenty of coco coir pith, will be used by Unit 1 to create the coir growing media products that FibreDust is known for.
“The opening of the new fiber unit, Anar Coir Private Ltd Unit II was the achievement of a goal I’ve had for many years, to retroactively integrate a fiber unit into our blend of owned companies. This will allow us to self procure raw material for our processing purposes, increasing our control of quality and supply, ” stated FibreDust CEO Sam Ahilan. “We are happy with our new state of the art facility and excited to join the market of coir fiber suppliers.”
Sam Ahilan with Scotts dignitaries handle fresh coir fiber at the Dedication Ceremony of new fiber mill “Anar Coir Private Ltd Unit II”
Continuing, Ahilan revealed, “Lack of rain during the monsoon season has caused a challenging decreased coconut harvest, with smaller husks and increased husk procurement price. It has also affected well production throughout the area, causing many coir producers to be unable to wash and lower EC of their product. FibreDust and Anar Coir are committed to purchasing Low EC water as necessary, for washing all coir moving through our factories to maintain the low EC product our customers have come to expect.”
Congratulations and celebration at the dedication of FibreDust’s new fiber unit.
While challenges may be ahead for India’s Tamil Nadu coir belt, spirits and determination are high for the management and staff of FibreDust’s Anar Coir Units 1 and 2.
Publication date: 3/1/2017
Other news in this sector: