Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canada: Trudeau put to work at new Lufa Farms greenhouse
- US: Coalition for Sustainable Organics advocates for organic hydroponics
- US: "Nature Fresh in discussions to build greenhouse facilities in Maine"
- NL: Chinese-style solar greenhouse about to open at WUR
- "3% more cucumbers with high-wire cultivation under lights"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Agrible app makes drones easyAgrible has a new tool to help the farming community by giving users the power of aerial insights. Pocket Drone Control is new software technology that makes drones easy to use and effective. It works with Crop Copter UAV’s to let users quickly see how much damage a field has following a weather event or pest stress.
The iOS app works with Agrible’s flagship software, Morning Farm Report which is a suite of predictive analytics tools that give growers field-level insights about everything from when they can take equipment into the fields to how much nitrogen each field needs.
Pocket Drone Control uses Morning Farm Report to seamlessly plan a flight and launch the drone with just a few swipes on an iPhone or iPad. It can cover an 80-acre field in less than 15 minutes, all on one battery with life to spare. After the drone takes photos, you can quickly classify damage as hail, disease, drift, flooding, etc on your mobile device, even if you don’t have a data connection. Then, the information uploads to Morning Farm Report where you can access and share it at any time.
“Aerial survey can provide invaluable insights for crop insurance adjusters, ag service providers, and growers. It’s a unique perspective of their crop that has historically been expensive or even impossible to get,” said Jack Marck, Product Engineer at Agrible.
Pocket Drone Control is free with an existing Morning Farm Report account and purchased drone from Agrible’s partner, Crop Copter. It lets users view their flight images on a map, get alerts on their drone's maintenance schedule, and review historical flight log data, all in one place. It will be available for download in the App Store soon.
For more information:
2021 S. First Street, Suite 201
Champaign, Illinois 61820
Publication date: 3/6/2017
Other news in this sector: