Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Syngenta to close Cottam distribution facilitySyngenta announced that it will close operations at its Cottam, Ontario, distribution facility, not later than May 31, 2017, and intends to sell and divest the site.
According to George Sousa, Territory Supply Manager for Syngenta Canada, the company is committed to delivering the highest quality products and services to its customers. Achievement of this involves a continuous review of operations. “As part of these activities, we are announcing the closure of our distribution facility in Cottam, Ontario. Future seed distribution activities will be consolidated and handled elsewhere,” Sousa said.
“This action is a business decision and is not related to the performance of the team at Cottam, Ontario. The staff at this location have performed at a high level, and Syngenta values the team members for their knowledge, skills, experience, and contributions,” he said, adding, “we understand the personal impact this decision has on our Cottam colleagues, their families, and the surrounding community and will work with them through this transition, providing them with financial and career support.”
The site currently employs 11 people. Impacted employees are eligible to apply for other positions in the company. Previously, the site was a seed production facility and was transitioned to a distribution facility in 2010. Syngenta has received expressions of interest in this facility and intends to divest the site.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Other news in this sector: