Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- SUNSET campaign reaches $60,000 in donations towards men's health
- Mexico: Mid-tech pepper growers see good results with grafting
- What are the optimum nutrient levels for hydroponic edible crops?
- Saudi Arabia "Vertical Farming alone is not sufficient"
- New Zealand: Cocktail tomato grower upgrades to LED lighting
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Us: Intergrow expansion in Webster off the tableA plan to bring 75 acres of greenhouses to a rural area of Webster, NY is off the table. Tomato grower Intergrow Greenhouses had been locked in a contentious development review process for months, with residents living near the Webster site disputing whether the development was right for the area.
Now, the company has decided not to bring its project back in front of the Webster Town Planning Board at this time, said Webster Town Supervisor Ron Nesbitt.
The company is in talks with landowners in the town of Ontario, Wayne County, about a possible site there, said Ontario Town Supervisor John Smith.
The prospective site is located along Timothy Lane, north of Route 104 and east of Dean Parkway in Ontario's industrial area, said Smith. The property is zoned industrial, but agricultural use of the property is allowed, he said.
Intergrow is not currently scheduled to appear at any upcoming town meetings, he said.
Intergrow was hoping to grow tomatoes in three, 25-acre greenhouses at a site at Salt and State Roads in Webster, which has been covered by a conservation easement for over a decade.
Read more at Democrat & Chronicle
Publication date: 2/16/2017
Other news in this sector: