Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Us: Intergrow expansion in Webster off the tableA plan to bring 75 acres of greenhouses to a rural area of Webster, NY is off the table. Tomato grower Intergrow Greenhouses had been locked in a contentious development review process for months, with residents living near the Webster site disputing whether the development was right for the area.
Now, the company has decided not to bring its project back in front of the Webster Town Planning Board at this time, said Webster Town Supervisor Ron Nesbitt.
The company is in talks with landowners in the town of Ontario, Wayne County, about a possible site there, said Ontario Town Supervisor John Smith.
The prospective site is located along Timothy Lane, north of Route 104 and east of Dean Parkway in Ontario's industrial area, said Smith. The property is zoned industrial, but agricultural use of the property is allowed, he said.
Intergrow is not currently scheduled to appear at any upcoming town meetings, he said.
Intergrow was hoping to grow tomatoes in three, 25-acre greenhouses at a site at Salt and State Roads in Webster, which has been covered by a conservation easement for over a decade.
Read more at Democrat & Chronicle
Publication date: 2/16/2017
Other news in this sector: