Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: FarmedHere asset sale slated for February 23If you still dare to start your own vertical farm operation but you're still looking for a catchy brand name, Twitter and Facebook accounts with a couple of thousand followers, 168 growing beds and 3,500 growing trays, you might be interested in the public sale of the FarmedHere assets on February 23. The only thing you still need to find is a bunch of skilled growers.
About a month ago, FarmedHere, the 90,000-square-foot indoor hydroponic growth operation in Bedfork Park, Chicago, closed its doors for good. 'Faced with onerous operational costs and increasing competition in the Chicago market', Nate Laurell, who took over as CEO last January, decided over the summer to pull the plug on the Louisville farm, six years after its opening and a year after the announcement of the opening of a 2nd, 60,000 square foot vertical farm in Kentucky. FarmedHere also pulled out of this project.
According to an article on the Chicago Tribune, Here Holdings, parent company of FarmedHere, is shifting its focus and resources to making food products like salad dressings and juices. The goods will be made with produce from local farms, such as tomatoes from Rochelle-based greenhouse grower MightyVine.
Click here for the complete public notice on the FarmedHere asset sale including details on the goods and items that are for sale.
Other news in this sector: