Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager – US
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia: 92-year-old woman grows 2kg tomatoAt 92 years old, gardening granny Ida Guadagnin, of Manly Vale, has grown a tomato that weighs a staggering 2kg.
A lifelong gardener, Mrs Guadagnin defied the odds – which included a scorching summer and intrusive animals – to grow the massive tomato.
While the original batch of seeds had also resulted in a 1.5kg tomato and a couple (which aren’t yet ripe) weighing about 500g, Mrs Guadagnin said nothing compared to this supersized fruit.
“A grower gets satisfied,” Mrs Guadagnin said of her prized tomato.
“We grew them other years but not as big as this one.”
Read more at News Local
Publication date: 2/14/2017
Other news in this sector: