Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- SUNSET campaign reaches $60,000 in donations towards men's health
- Mexico: Mid-tech pepper growers see good results with grafting
- What are the optimum nutrient levels for hydroponic edible crops?
- New Zealand: Cocktail tomato grower upgrades to LED lighting
- Saudi Arabia "Vertical Farming alone is not sufficient"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia: 92-year-old woman grows 2kg tomatoAt 92 years old, gardening granny Ida Guadagnin, of Manly Vale, has grown a tomato that weighs a staggering 2kg.
A lifelong gardener, Mrs Guadagnin defied the odds – which included a scorching summer and intrusive animals – to grow the massive tomato.
While the original batch of seeds had also resulted in a 1.5kg tomato and a couple (which aren’t yet ripe) weighing about 500g, Mrs Guadagnin said nothing compared to this supersized fruit.
“A grower gets satisfied,” Mrs Guadagnin said of her prized tomato.
“We grew them other years but not as big as this one.”
Read more at News Local
Publication date: 2/14/2017
Other news in this sector: