Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (AZ): The future of farming takes root
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- Ultra-thin MA film seeks to revolutionize packaging
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia: 92-year-old woman grows 2kg tomatoAt 92 years old, gardening granny Ida Guadagnin, of Manly Vale, has grown a tomato that weighs a staggering 2kg.
A lifelong gardener, Mrs Guadagnin defied the odds – which included a scorching summer and intrusive animals – to grow the massive tomato.
While the original batch of seeds had also resulted in a 1.5kg tomato and a couple (which aren’t yet ripe) weighing about 500g, Mrs Guadagnin said nothing compared to this supersized fruit.
“A grower gets satisfied,” Mrs Guadagnin said of her prized tomato.
“We grew them other years but not as big as this one.”
Read more at News Local
Publication date: 2/14/2017
Other news in this sector: