Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Family business Apollo Group celebrates 170th anniversaryFrom a local blacksmith shop to a world player in the production and sales of internal transport systems. In 1847 entrepreneur Gijsbert van den Pol started the story that’s still alive today. There have been many developments in the 170 years that the Apollo Group exists. Like the five generations which have led the company. Since the year 2016 the sixth generation Claudia van den Pol runs the family business and she is determined to celebrate a lot more anniversaries.
Over the years, Apollo Group has increasingly expanded internationally. The first international steps were made around 1940. But it didn’t stop there. Soon Ryson International Inc. was established in the United States and a partnership was formed with Hough Fuh in Shanghai, China. And in the year 2017 their own Sales Office was established in this area. But there are even more exciting events happening in the year 2017. In addition to its own Sales Office in Bangkok, Thailand the Apollo Group will also open their own factory in Bangkok. Claudia van den Pol (CEO Apollo Group) says: ‘’It’s easier for our customers to do business with us when we have more and more business establishments abroad. It’s also our goal to always be able to help our customers in their own language and culture.’’
Company in the north
Even though Apollo Group developed rapidly as an international company, the province of Drenthe is always visible in the character of the company. There is a no-nonsense attitude, where one is modest and treats each other with respect. Claudia van den Pol is dedicated to make the province of Coevorden, Drenthe, an attractive work area and tries to get young people excited about the technical industry. In 2016 all this hard work is noticed and Apollo becomes a finalist in the competition ‘Drentse Onderneming van het Jaar’ (Drentse Cooperation of the Year).
Claudia builds further on the foundation that the previous generations have created. With her ambitious and open minded approach she is determined to make Apollo Group an even more successful company. And with all the positive developments during the last few years, Claudia is certain this is within her reach.
For more information:
Modem 28, 7741 MJ Coevorden
T +31 (0) 524 51 50 51
F +31 (0) 524 51 47 61
Publication date: 2/14/2017
Other news in this sector: