Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- Dutch go crazy on weed...duckweed that is
- North America’s first scientific paper on how to produce cannabis under controlled environment
- Tomato and lettuce intercropping in a soilless system
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Dole Go Berries! targets healthy snacking on the goDole Berries have announced a new product they hope will stick for busy strawberry lovers looking to enjoy their favorite fresh fruit snack on-the-go.
The leading berry provider is launching Dole GO Berries!, three snack-size packages that snap apart. Each contains 4 ounces of fresh DOLE Strawberries designed to capitalize on the growing mobile snacking trend. Ventilated for freshness and easy rinsing, the proprietary package is the first to provide “snap-rinse-go” convenience.
“While fruit remains America’s top daytime snack choice, there hasn’t been an easy way for shoppers to enjoy their favorite berries away from home – until now,” said CarrieAnn Arias, VP of marketing for Dole Fresh Vegetables and Berries. “Dole GO Berries! allows busy shoppers to combine their preference for fresh strawberries with out-of-the-home snacking convenience for the first time.”
As a leader in fresh Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries and Blackberries, Dole plans to roll-out other GO Berries! snack varieties in the future.
According to Arias, Dole Home Use Tests indicate that 80 percent of those sampling GO Berries! would likely purchase the product, and 60 percent of berry consumers would buy GO Berries! in addition to the customary 1-pound clamshells. In addition to convenience, panelists cited the perception that the snack-sized packs would keep the berries fresher than conventional packaging.
“We’re looking to expand how – and where – berry lovers enjoy their favorite fruit,” said Arias. “Simply snap-off one of the right-sized snack packs, rinse right in the package and enjoy the goodness of DOLE Strawberries wherever you go. GO Berries! satisfies the growing preference to take berry snacking outside the home and offers a unique, fun, fresh and healthy alternative to nutrition and energy bars.”
Dole GO Berries! will start arriving in stores in mid-February at an SRP that is comparable to Dole Strawberries in traditional 1-pound clamshells.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/13/2017
Other news in this sector: