Job offersmore »
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
- Entomologist Position - Leamington, Ontario, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "24% labor savings with new strawberry container"
- Mexico: Agropark growers starting their crop change
- Success of 'cana-business' relies on efficient commercial greenhouse technology
- US: BioWorks launches new OMRI-Listed biofungicide for botrytis control
- US: BrightFarms recalls produce due to potential presence of metal pieces
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Growing vine crops without daylight is possible. Here, there and everywhere...
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
Exchange ratesmore »
New Dole Go Berries! targets healthy snacking on the goDole Berries have announced a new product they hope will stick for busy strawberry lovers looking to enjoy their favorite fresh fruit snack on-the-go.
The leading berry provider is launching Dole GO Berries!, three snack-size packages that snap apart. Each contains 4 ounces of fresh DOLE Strawberries designed to capitalize on the growing mobile snacking trend. Ventilated for freshness and easy rinsing, the proprietary package is the first to provide “snap-rinse-go” convenience.
“While fruit remains America’s top daytime snack choice, there hasn’t been an easy way for shoppers to enjoy their favorite berries away from home – until now,” said CarrieAnn Arias, VP of marketing for Dole Fresh Vegetables and Berries. “Dole GO Berries! allows busy shoppers to combine their preference for fresh strawberries with out-of-the-home snacking convenience for the first time.”
As a leader in fresh Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries and Blackberries, Dole plans to roll-out other GO Berries! snack varieties in the future.
According to Arias, Dole Home Use Tests indicate that 80 percent of those sampling GO Berries! would likely purchase the product, and 60 percent of berry consumers would buy GO Berries! in addition to the customary 1-pound clamshells. In addition to convenience, panelists cited the perception that the snack-sized packs would keep the berries fresher than conventional packaging.
“We’re looking to expand how – and where – berry lovers enjoy their favorite fruit,” said Arias. “Simply snap-off one of the right-sized snack packs, rinse right in the package and enjoy the goodness of DOLE Strawberries wherever you go. GO Berries! satisfies the growing preference to take berry snacking outside the home and offers a unique, fun, fresh and healthy alternative to nutrition and energy bars.”
Dole GO Berries! will start arriving in stores in mid-February at an SRP that is comparable to Dole Strawberries in traditional 1-pound clamshells.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/13/2017
Other news in this sector: