Job offersmore »
- VP Sales and Marketing - Warsaw
- Marketing Executive, Export Team
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- Development of substrates for multilayer cultivation in high-tech phytotrons
- "Semi-closed greenhouses require sturdy, generative plant types"
- US (NC): $160 million Plant Sciences Initiative comes to Durham
- Wageningen University publishes booklet on plant breeding techniques
- "Geothermal energy will boost Kenya’s food security"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- The great cannabis switcheroo
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- US (FL): Hydroponic production launched at Orlando World Center Marriott
Exchange ratesmore »
Mercamadrid welcomes new ribbed black tomato from HM Clause
Mercamadrid has been the stage chosen for the promotion of the new ribbed black tomato from HM Clause. This new variety is part of the flavour segment and has been widely accepted since its release last December. It is sold exclusively by four marketing companies, with one of them being Agrupalmería.
Madrid is one of the most demanding markets in terms of flavour. Companies and consumers are mostly interested in the quality of vegetables. They like to be at the forefront in this sense, hence the good reception that the product is having. This became clear during the day devoted to promote this new tomato, which is currently known as "Unico", but which will soon have a trademark of its own.
HM Clause and Agrupalmería have worked hand in hand on this occasion to promote the benefits of one of the great innovations of the campaign as far as tomatoes are concerned. It is a product that combines flavour, sweetness and a very pleasant texture, offering, at the same time, a longer post-harvest shelf life. All these qualities have been promoted in simultaneous tastings in two of Mercamadrid's pavilions.
The experience "has been very positive" for both the biotechnology company and the fruit and vegetable trader. As reported by those responsible for this promotion, the day went "even better than expected." Many professionals selling fruits and vegetables had a chance to taste the product and all were satisfied. Most of them highlighted that "these tomatoes taste just like those we've known our whole lives." Mercamadrid's professionals thus acknowledged once again the good work carried out by Almeria in agricultural matters, and especially when it comes to maintaining the quality and flavour of its tomato production.
A group of participants at the Gastrofestival 2017 in Madrid, who were visiting the fruit and vegetable market, also had the opportunity to taste this tomato. Chefs, entrepreneurs and journalists were all delighted with the product and the information provided.
Follow the tour
The promotion of the "Unico" tomato from HM Clause will now continue in Berlin, at Fruit Logistica. Afterwards, activities will continue to be organised in markets and supermarkets across Spain, and there will also be some more individualised activities.
Publication date: 2/8/2017
Other news in this sector: