Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- SUNSET campaign reaches $60,000 in donations towards men's health
- Mexico: Mid-tech pepper growers see good results with grafting
- What are the optimum nutrient levels for hydroponic edible crops?
- New Zealand: Cocktail tomato grower upgrades to LED lighting
- Saudi Arabia "Vertical Farming alone is not sufficient"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Almeria tomato sparks interest of Japanese TV
The quality of the fruits and vegetables from Almeria is well known throughout the world. The same is true of the flavor of the tomatoes from Agrupalmeria. The products produced by this marketer, which is based in La Cañada (Almeria) and Nijar, is also well known. The raf tomatoes and other varieties produced by this company will arrive to the Japanese homes, through television.
NHK, a television channel in Japan, has spent part of January in Almeria preparing an extensive report for one of its star programs. The program, which is devoted to travel, has a special predilection for Spain, its culture, climate, coasts, inland, sports, and of course, its food.
It was no accident that they chose to film in Almeria. The Japanese TV program was looking for a charming place that was authentic, had great light, colors, and beaches. They immediately thought about Almeria. They visited and filmed the Natural Park of Cabo de Gata and the best places in Almeria, the Alcazaba, the Cathedral, ... They have been interested in the region's cinema and in the Spanish tapas.
Almeria's agriculture will obviously occupy a special place in the program, and Agrupalmeriaa tomato will represent the sector. During the program's visit to the company premises in La Cañada (Almería), they learned about the company's auctions and went to it. They filmed the different varieties of red tomato and green salads. They also filmed the farmers harvesting and how they loaded the trucks bound for the national and European markets with tomatoes. They were specially interested in the Raf tomato sold by the company, its taste, texture and sweetness; which specialists consider is the best tomato.
Soon, Almeria's agriculture will have a privileged space on Japan's television. Thanks to this visit to Agrupalmeria, the best tomato in the world, grown by local farmers, will hit the screens of 127 million people in Japan. Who knows, maybe one day Almeria will export its fruit and vegetables to Japan.
Publication date: 2/7/2017
Other news in this sector: