Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- SUNSET campaign reaches $60,000 in donations towards men's health
- Mexico: Mid-tech pepper growers see good results with grafting
- What are the optimum nutrient levels for hydroponic edible crops?
- New Zealand: Cocktail tomato grower upgrades to LED lighting
- Saudi Arabia "Vertical Farming alone is not sufficient"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (BC): $2.3 million for development of innovative food productsCauli Crumble by Big Mountain Foods, a family-owned British Columbia food processing business, is one of 36 new projects receiving more than $2.3 million in funding going towards a range of innovative projects in British Columbia’s agri-food sector.
Minister of Defence Harjit Sajjan, on behalf of Agriculture and Agri-Food Minister Lawrence MacAulay, and British Columbia Minister of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services Amrik Virk, on behalf of British Columbia Agriculture Minister Norm Letnick, made the announcement while visiting the Big Mountain Foods warehouse in South Vancouver.
Big Mountain Foods’ Cauli Crumble project is receiving up to $49,250 in funding through the cost-shared Canada-British Columbia Agri-Innovation Program under Growing Forward 2, with a goal of developing innovative, great tasting and healthy food.
Cauli Crumble is an innovative vegetable ground product that consists of fresh cauliflower, sunflower seeds, fresh red peppers and Manitoba yellow split peas. A meat-free alternative to soy and gluten, Cauli Crumble can be used in many different dishes including pasta, pizza, tacos, salads and casseroles.
This investment helps achieve the federal government’s goal to create good jobs and grow the middle class, by supporting food processors to develop products that reflect changing market tastes and new opportunities.
Publication date: 1/31/2017
Other news in this sector: