Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canada: Trudeau put to work at new Lufa Farms greenhouse
- US: Coalition for Sustainable Organics advocates for organic hydroponics
- US: "Nature Fresh in discussions to build greenhouse facilities in Maine"
- NL: Chinese-style solar greenhouse about to open at WUR
- "3% more cucumbers with high-wire cultivation under lights"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (BC): $2.3 million for development of innovative food productsCauli Crumble by Big Mountain Foods, a family-owned British Columbia food processing business, is one of 36 new projects receiving more than $2.3 million in funding going towards a range of innovative projects in British Columbia’s agri-food sector.
Minister of Defence Harjit Sajjan, on behalf of Agriculture and Agri-Food Minister Lawrence MacAulay, and British Columbia Minister of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services Amrik Virk, on behalf of British Columbia Agriculture Minister Norm Letnick, made the announcement while visiting the Big Mountain Foods warehouse in South Vancouver.
Big Mountain Foods’ Cauli Crumble project is receiving up to $49,250 in funding through the cost-shared Canada-British Columbia Agri-Innovation Program under Growing Forward 2, with a goal of developing innovative, great tasting and healthy food.
Cauli Crumble is an innovative vegetable ground product that consists of fresh cauliflower, sunflower seeds, fresh red peppers and Manitoba yellow split peas. A meat-free alternative to soy and gluten, Cauli Crumble can be used in many different dishes including pasta, pizza, tacos, salads and casseroles.
This investment helps achieve the federal government’s goal to create good jobs and grow the middle class, by supporting food processors to develop products that reflect changing market tastes and new opportunities.
Publication date: 1/31/2017
Other news in this sector: