Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (BC): $2.3 million for development of innovative food productsCauli Crumble by Big Mountain Foods, a family-owned British Columbia food processing business, is one of 36 new projects receiving more than $2.3 million in funding going towards a range of innovative projects in British Columbia’s agri-food sector.
Minister of Defence Harjit Sajjan, on behalf of Agriculture and Agri-Food Minister Lawrence MacAulay, and British Columbia Minister of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services Amrik Virk, on behalf of British Columbia Agriculture Minister Norm Letnick, made the announcement while visiting the Big Mountain Foods warehouse in South Vancouver.
Big Mountain Foods’ Cauli Crumble project is receiving up to $49,250 in funding through the cost-shared Canada-British Columbia Agri-Innovation Program under Growing Forward 2, with a goal of developing innovative, great tasting and healthy food.
Cauli Crumble is an innovative vegetable ground product that consists of fresh cauliflower, sunflower seeds, fresh red peppers and Manitoba yellow split peas. A meat-free alternative to soy and gluten, Cauli Crumble can be used in many different dishes including pasta, pizza, tacos, salads and casseroles.
This investment helps achieve the federal government’s goal to create good jobs and grow the middle class, by supporting food processors to develop products that reflect changing market tastes and new opportunities.
Publication date: 1/31/2017
Other news in this sector: