Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Berry production system with oscillating gutters to be presented at Fruit LogisticaIn recent years the berry industry has seen a huge international growth; the market is driven by more interest in berries from the consumer side, but also by the shift from open field cultivation towards protected cropping.
For this reason, the industry has been creating new berry production systems, adapting new designs and techniques in order to improve the production and efficiency in both quality and quantity.
This can also be noted from the exhibits at the upcoming Fruit Logistica. Spanish greenhouse builder J.Huete will use this trade show as a platform to launch its latest strawberry production system that enables a maximum production per square meter.
The new design uses oscillating gutters that enable a maximum plan density. The system allows room for up to 200,000 plants per hectare. It is suitable for both substrate bags and pots with growing media.
The greenhouse builder has designed the system based on the preferences and experiences from their customers. While the system has already been installed and put into practice in different greenhouses and climates, J. Huete will officially present its design to a broader public in Berlin.
The oscillating system uses a special draining system that will efficiently drain all the waste water and avoids spreading of diseases. Next to this Huete says that the special drain system will further enhance the growth of the roots and crops.
The system will be presented officially in the Fruit Logistica Exhibition that will take place in Berlin, Germany, from the 8th to the 10th of February. You can find J.Huete in Pavilion 8.1, Stand B05.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/30/2017
Other news in this sector: