Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Development of substrates for multilayer cultivation in high-tech phytotrons
- "Semi-closed greenhouses require sturdy, generative plant types"
- US (NC): $160 million Plant Sciences Initiative comes to Durham
- Wageningen University publishes booklet on plant breeding techniques
- "Becoming an event organizer was never the plan"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: CASI adding peppers and aubergines to its range
The San Isidro Agricultural Cooperative, better known as CASI, is expanding its range to meet the demands of its customers who, in addition to tomatoes, courgettes or watermelons, demand other products, such as peppers or aubergines. Therefore, the tomato specialist has decided to expand its range with new producers in the west of Almeria.
The project has kicked off with CASI's expansion in the area of Vícar, La Mojonera and El Ejido, where the products will be harvested to be later handled under the company brand.
CASI announced that "we are currently in the stage of providing information to any producers interested in joining us. The process is very simple: there is a specialised Customer Care Department for partners which can explain all the steps and processes necessary to join the cooperative," stated sources of the Almeria-based horticultural marketer.
The cooperative has a commitment to offering the highest quality and a guarantee of food safety, while working in an environmentally-friendly manner. Almeria's growers easily meet these conditions, so once these variables have been assessed, it will expand its range and give a better service.
This campaign, Almeria has already shown to be strong in the production of peppers, facing virtually no competition from Turkey, Israel, Morocco, or even Murcia. Something similar happens with aubergines, with Greece as the only competitor. CASI, which operates in a mixed cooperative-auction system, has grown especially in direct sales in recent years, which guarantees good prices.
Publication date: 1/26/2017
Other news in this sector: