Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager – US
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: CASI adding peppers and aubergines to its range
The San Isidro Agricultural Cooperative, better known as CASI, is expanding its range to meet the demands of its customers who, in addition to tomatoes, courgettes or watermelons, demand other products, such as peppers or aubergines. Therefore, the tomato specialist has decided to expand its range with new producers in the west of Almeria.
The project has kicked off with CASI's expansion in the area of Vícar, La Mojonera and El Ejido, where the products will be harvested to be later handled under the company brand.
CASI announced that "we are currently in the stage of providing information to any producers interested in joining us. The process is very simple: there is a specialised Customer Care Department for partners which can explain all the steps and processes necessary to join the cooperative," stated sources of the Almeria-based horticultural marketer.
The cooperative has a commitment to offering the highest quality and a guarantee of food safety, while working in an environmentally-friendly manner. Almeria's growers easily meet these conditions, so once these variables have been assessed, it will expand its range and give a better service.
This campaign, Almeria has already shown to be strong in the production of peppers, facing virtually no competition from Turkey, Israel, Morocco, or even Murcia. Something similar happens with aubergines, with Greece as the only competitor. CASI, which operates in a mixed cooperative-auction system, has grown especially in direct sales in recent years, which guarantees good prices.
Publication date: 1/26/2017
Other news in this sector: