Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Chilean Blueberries program teaches kids to eat healthyFruits from Chile and the Anaheim, California based Northgate Gonzales Market, are teaming up for the next few weeks to teach kids how to eat healthy with blueberries.
A recent January 14th event at a Long Beach Northgate location was the first of 40 free kids’ cooking classes hosted by Northgate’s new Miguelito’s Cocina Club that will feature Chilean blueberries, along with a national brand yogurt and cereal company. Different classes will be held throughout the year with a number of partners, rotating through the chain’s 41 locations.
Kids who join the club receive a free apron, passport, button pin and certificate. If they attend six classes this year, they also will get a free gift card.
Participants in the class also received a kids’ blueberry activity game and recipe sheets from our own Chilean Blueberry Girl, said Steve Hattendorf, Western region merchandiser for the Santa Cruz, Calif.-based Chilean Fresh Fruit Association.
"Chile is world largest blueberry exporter. Blueberries tie in great with Northgate’s initiative because they are a healthy snack for kids, loaded with vitamin C, dietary fiber, and are fat-free - plus they go great with kid-friendly recipes, like today’s Blueberry Swirl,” Hattendorf said.
Tel: 916 206 2855
Publication date: 1/18/2017
Other news in this sector: