Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Development of substrates for multilayer cultivation in high-tech phytotrons
- "Semi-closed greenhouses require sturdy, generative plant types"
- US (NC): $160 million Plant Sciences Initiative comes to Durham
- Wageningen University publishes booklet on plant breeding techniques
- "Becoming an event organizer was never the plan"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Up Your A-Game with these Market Manager Certification Programs
Market manager certificate programs offer curriculum establishing best practices while also polishing leadership, outreach, and funding skills. Through these programs, market managers broaden their professional credentials and take steps to personally impact future market funding and support.
Michigan Farmers Market Association (MIFMA), currently has open registration for its 2017 Market Manager Certificate Program. The 35 hours of instruction is taught during 3 in-person sessions and 7 webinars, with the program registration deadline being January 17th. MIFMA continues to advance farmers markets to create local thriving marketplaces by providing support and programs like their market manager certificate program, because an empowered manager leads to an evolving market.
By combining in-person sessions with online coursework, participating attendees have the opportunity to network with other managers around the state while focusing on topics such as business planning, managing market growth, market governance, policy and enforcement, communication strategies, financial management and fundraising, and much more. Individuals who complete the full program receive a certificate acknowledging that they are a professionally trained farmers market managers. Since the program began in 2011, the first of its kind in the nation, 185 market managers from across the Midwest have earned this certification. Find out more here.
Other states are now beginning to offer certificate programs.
Farmers Market Federation of NY in partnership and with sponsorship offers the FMM Pro: SUNY Farmers Market Manager Certification Program. Designed around 22 workshops, the program covers 3 market-centered topics. To learn more about this program, click here. This program extends to members of the Georgia Farmers Market Association as well. The information for participating Georgia members can be found here.
Virginia Farmers Market Association (VAFMA), has their version of the Market Manager Certification Program as well. Registration is currently open for the pilot program beginning on February 10th. Check out the program specifics here.
Publication date: 1/16/2017
Other news in this sector: