Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager – US
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
Up Your A-Game with these Market Manager Certification Programs
Market manager certificate programs offer curriculum establishing best practices while also polishing leadership, outreach, and funding skills. Through these programs, market managers broaden their professional credentials and take steps to personally impact future market funding and support.
Michigan Farmers Market Association (MIFMA), currently has open registration for its 2017 Market Manager Certificate Program. The 35 hours of instruction is taught during 3 in-person sessions and 7 webinars, with the program registration deadline being January 17th. MIFMA continues to advance farmers markets to create local thriving marketplaces by providing support and programs like their market manager certificate program, because an empowered manager leads to an evolving market.
By combining in-person sessions with online coursework, participating attendees have the opportunity to network with other managers around the state while focusing on topics such as business planning, managing market growth, market governance, policy and enforcement, communication strategies, financial management and fundraising, and much more. Individuals who complete the full program receive a certificate acknowledging that they are a professionally trained farmers market managers. Since the program began in 2011, the first of its kind in the nation, 185 market managers from across the Midwest have earned this certification. Find out more here.
Other states are now beginning to offer certificate programs.
Farmers Market Federation of NY in partnership and with sponsorship offers the FMM Pro: SUNY Farmers Market Manager Certification Program. Designed around 22 workshops, the program covers 3 market-centered topics. To learn more about this program, click here. This program extends to members of the Georgia Farmers Market Association as well. The information for participating Georgia members can be found here.
Virginia Farmers Market Association (VAFMA), has their version of the Market Manager Certification Program as well. Registration is currently open for the pilot program beginning on February 10th. Check out the program specifics here.
Publication date: 1/16/2017
Other news in this sector: