Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mississauga Food Bank grows own aquaponic produceAquaGrow Farms is a sustainable aquaponics farm in the warehouse at The Mississauga Food Bank. It was created to provide an additional source of healthy greens and protein for their hungry neighbours and educate people about where their food may have come from and introduce them to the idea of sustainable “urban agriculture”. The farm draws attention to the need for fresh food by those who live in poverty in Mississauga.
AquaGrow Farms has three grow beds and two fish tanks that will produce approximately 645 servings of fish and 10,800 servings of greens each year. All of the healthy greens and protein-rich fish we grow are distributed to their member agencies across Mississauga. From there they are given to hungry members of their community who otherwise would have limited access to fresh, healthy food.
Click here for a complete interview with Collin Cotton, Aquaponics Farm Supervisor at AquaGrow Farms at the website of the Mississauga Food Bank.
Publication date: 1/20/2017
Other news in this sector: