Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Premier Tech to invest heavily in Rivière-du-LoupPremier Tech starts the new year with enthusiasm and optimism and continues pursuing development for its Rivière-du-Loup installations. In 2017, more than 15 million dollars will be invested in its Campus located on rue Témiscouata, which will undergo major growth.
In order to get ready for the installation of new plants in the coming years, the company will initiate expansion work evaluated at more than three million dollars. As of spring, two streets will be added to the road network of the Premier Tech Campus, and a new avenue will be built for industrial traffic, between the bypass and the avenue Premier. Furthermore, the construction of a three-story office building will begin in February. This building will fulfill the needs in terms of space, not only to accommodate the new resources that joined the company during the year, but also for the coming hires that will support Premier Tech’s growth. Adding over 60,000 square feet of space that will serve for offices, this project represents a 12-million-dollar investment.
“With the accelerated growth that we are experiencing, we are now very cramped in our facilities. We also want to give ourselves the necessary space to initiate our next big projects,” says Jean Bélanger, President and Chief Operating Officer. “We are quite optimistic for the future, especially in what concerns Rivière-du-Loup. We carry out several acquisitions abroad, but these new assets, far from moving us away from our center of activity, have the opposite effect, as they generate growth on our Campus and for the rest of the province.”
During the course of the year that has just come to an end, 108 new jobs have been created in Rivière-du-Loup, on the 160 that were added around the globe. Eighty job openings are currently being posted on the world headquarters’ bulletin board, of which 64 are for newly created positions. “We could go so much faster if we were able to hire new team members at the pace at which we need them,” adds Mr. Bélanger.
Despite being located in a rural area, the Leadership Team would never move the Premier Tech World Headquarters. Such an idea is not part of the company’s thinking. “More than the world headquarters, it is the company’s soul that is found here. When our clients or suppliers come to the Campus, they are amazed by our corporate Culture, which is founded on the passion for our core industries, on creativity and on autonomy. Our geographic position is certainly a contributing factor to this unique dynamic,” says Mr. Bélanger.
This attachment to Rivière-du-Loup has become more apparent in the past few years. As a matter of fact, Premier Tech has announced in 2016 two major partnerships: one with the new indoor soccer stadium, the other with Jeux du Québec de 2021. “Every year, we inject close to half a million dollars in our communities. This has always been part of our company’s commitments. If we want to keep our youth and attract talented people, we need to offer them a dynamic environment and quality infrastructures,” concludes Jean Bélanger.
For more information
Premier Tech Horticulture Office
1, avenue Premier
Canada G5R 6C1
T: +1 418 867-8883
Toll free: +1 855 867-5407
Publication date: 1/11/2017
Other news in this sector: