Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager Based London or Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (PA): High school gets grant for container farmOn the campus of Trinity Area High School, students soon will be growing vegetables in a repurposed shipping container.
The school district received a Local Share Account grant from slots revenue to purchase a Leafy Green Machine, a high-tech hydroponic farm built inside a shipping container, making it just the sixth public school system in the United States to undertake the project.
The school district will use the transformed shipping container to grow produce for the school campus and the community in a joint venture with the Greater Washington County Food Bank.
From the moment Greater Washington County Food Bank learned about the innovative Freight Farms project at Trinity High School, we were hooked, said Connie Burd, executive director of the food bank. (Superintendent) Dr. Michael Lucas and (Assistant Superintendent) Don Snoke are pioneers of the 21st century.
The $85,000 LSA grant, which is distributed by the state Department of Community and Economic Development after being recommended by a local committee and the Washington County commissioners, covers the entire cost of the container and start-up costs.
Read more at the Observer-Reporter
Publication date: 1/9/2017
Other news in this sector: