Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- Plantlab says it has a patent on indoor farming
- Dutch growers take advantage of new dehumidification techniques
- Photo report: A visit to Beekenkamp's latest greenhouse
- "Urban ag only provides small environmental benefits in northeastern US"
- Adding taste and quality to Holland's largest tomato category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New project list from Cuesta Roble:
Over 3300 hectare slated for 2017Many new greenhouse vegetable projects and expansions have been announced for 2017. Of these, 134 have been listed in a newly revised publication, all with location, planned area and project contact links.
The list includes projects in 27 countries, totaling 3336 ha. (8186 ac.).
The largest announced increases are in Russia (1482 ha.), followed by the USA (505 ha.), Mexico (328 ha.), Australia (318 ha.), Canada (156 ha.) and The Netherlands (137 ha.) While a few of the projects listed are only proposals for investors, such as one 500 ha. plan in Russia, many of the others are funded and are actually under construction or will soon be.
This complete list is a part of the 2017 International Greenhouse Vegetable Growers publication, with 2138 growers and contact links. Also now available, 2017 International Greenhouse Vegetable Statistics, a 152 page publication with the most currently available data for 130 countries. The total referenced area is 489,214 hectares (1,208,874 ac.)
Further information is found at: www.cuestaroble.com
Publication date: 1/6/2017
Other news in this sector: