Job offersmore »
- Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia
- Account Manager - Netherlands
- International Account Manager Tomato
- Experienced Tomato Grower - China
- CITRUS COMMERCIAL - Spain
- Account Manager Groene Ruimte en Pest Control Nederland
- Junior Accountmanager
- Junior Sales Engineer
- Junior Sales Engineer
- International Logistic and Product Supervisor - Rijnsburg, Holland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Oscillating strawberry system allows 200,000 plants per hectare
- The effect of LED grow lights on human health
- US (KY): AppHarvest plans 2 million sq.ft. high-tech greenhouse
- Integrated organic pest management more on the radar than ever before
- "Different shading products solution for climate problems"
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Syngenta selects NRGene tech to accelerate crop breedingSyngenta has chosen NRGene's GenoMAGIC cloud-based software package for more comprehensive evaluations to accelerate trait discovery and breeding across diverse crops.
“We were very pleased with our preliminary evaluations and are taking a more thorough look at the potential of GenoMAGIC in our research and development,” says Joseph Clarke, Principal Research Scientist, Syngenta. “The genetic diversity management strategies behind GenoMAGIC are a step above conventional means and enable clear value gains for downstream analytics, directly impacting cost and timeline models.”
The GenoMAGIC software analyzes unlimited volumes of genomic data, identifying broad sequence polymorphisms and haplotypes. This enables scientists and breeders to easily relate genomic sequences with beneficial traits, making genomic selection and trait mapping much more productive. Data use is accelerated, making breeding both faster and more cost effective. GenoMAGIC is being licensed non-exclusively to organizations involved in genetic research and breeding.
The Syngenta-NRGene two-year relationship has resulted in de novo assembly of multiple genomes across several crop species and creation of pangenomes that show strong potential to add value in breeding and genetic research. During 2016, Syngenta tested GenoMAGIC by incorporating its own genetic diversity and field data to evaluate the benefits gained by GenoMAGIC analysis. Moving forward, the sophisticated genome management and data mining process behind GenoMagic will be evaluated more comprehensively at larger scale for broader value gains across the breeding process.
"The relationship between Syngenta and NRGene has already borne significant fruit,” says Dr. Gil Ronen, NRGene's CEO. "Syngenta’s broad and diverse data cataloged within GenoMAGIC will continue to make breeding much more productive and efficient.”
For more information:
Publication date: 1/5/2017
Other news in this sector: