Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canadian government wants BC foods on the global menuA new international market development strategy is the latest item on the menu offering B.C.'s agri-food and seafood products to the world. The strategy aims to build on the record $3.5 billion worth of B.C. products exported in 2015.
The strategy focuses on providing programs and services that support three key areas: market knowledge, generating investment, and building networks that collectively support success for B.C. companies in the marketplace.
Research has demonstrated that businesses entering new markets need market knowledge to succeed. The strategy emphasizes that by accessing customized market profiles, cost-competitive analysis and advisory services, as well as attending market readiness seminars and workshops, B.C. companies can be better informed and prepared to succeed in attracting new customers in new markets.
The strategy also highlights the value of government investment in programs that fund the development of new products, practices or technology, helps B.C. companies prepare for and participate in targeted international marketing, and supports an internationally recognized food safety and traceability system.
Publication date: 1/4/2017
Other news in this sector: