Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- US (FL): Wish Farms launches strawberry season with new sweepstakes
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Hydroponic dining at Beijing restaurantDubbed Leaf In (stylized as LeafIN), the restaurant and on-site garden (which opened on December 10) stand out like a determined blade of grass sprouting from a stony sidewalk crack. It does so with the use of hydroponics.
Leaf In's menu details how the owners use hydroponic technology from the Chinese academy of Agricultural Science, along with advanced bacteria cultivation technology from Japan for their mushrooms. The result: flavorful and fresh food, prepared in a way that appears to be quite forward thinking and sustainable, given the scarce growing space in much of Beijing and China's soil pollution issues.
Read more at the Beijinger
Publication date: 1/4/2017
Other news in this sector: