Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN(QC): Havecon to build 250,000 sq. ft. greenhouse for Hydropothecary
- Australia: 5000m2 hydroponic business for sale in NSW
- Choosing a substrate for hydroponic production
- New project to integrate Dutch water technology in Mexican horticulture
- CAN(ON):Chibante's Kingsville operation also joins Mastronardi
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Considerations for choosing a ZipFarm locationWith today’s sophisticated growing equipment, modern farmers can produce local food anywhere there's a market for it, regardless of location or environmental constraints.
The ZipFarm – a turnkey indoor farm solution designed for humans – empowers today's innovative farmers to grow food anywhere using vertical plane growing techniques.
This freedom is a key ingredient of the rapidly growing urban farming and the local food movement.
For example, Green Mountain Ranch started a farm in an old school. Others transform gray warehouse spaces into verdant food factories, and still others build vertical plane farms in specially crafted compact containers.
In this post, Upstart University gives you a few tips on what to look for in a building when you're thinking about starting your own indoor vertical farm.
Publication date: 1/3/2017
Other news in this sector: