Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Development of substrates for multilayer cultivation in high-tech phytotrons
- "Semi-closed greenhouses require sturdy, generative plant types"
- US (NC): $160 million Plant Sciences Initiative comes to Durham
- Wageningen University publishes booklet on plant breeding techniques
- "Becoming an event organizer was never the plan"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Former diplomat becomes vegetable growerGuo Lei, a former Chinese diplomat, has found an unexpected second career growing vegetables in the village of Dongxingxing in Shandong province.
Guo found a partner in Israel in 2015. He then built a series of greenhouses in Shandong using imported equipment and technology. Guo's vegetables are cultivated without any soil whatsover, but with nutrient solutions. Each vegetable recives its own tailored nutritional "meals," along with regular physical examinations. Computers automatically adjust the nutrient solution ratio in accordance with the results of each examination.
Guo's 15,000-square-meter operation is divided into five sheds. Three contain leafy vegetables and utilize the Israeli technology; the other two support tomatoes and strawberries using technologies from the Netherlands and Britain.
Read more at Shandong News
Publication date: 1/3/2017
Other news in this sector: