Job offersmore »
- Great marketing roles due to growth and expansion
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Former diplomat becomes vegetable growerGuo Lei, a former Chinese diplomat, has found an unexpected second career growing vegetables in the village of Dongxingxing in Shandong province.
Guo found a partner in Israel in 2015. He then built a series of greenhouses in Shandong using imported equipment and technology. Guo's vegetables are cultivated without any soil whatsover, but with nutrient solutions. Each vegetable recives its own tailored nutritional "meals," along with regular physical examinations. Computers automatically adjust the nutrient solution ratio in accordance with the results of each examination.
Guo's 15,000-square-meter operation is divided into five sheds. Three contain leafy vegetables and utilize the Israeli technology; the other two support tomatoes and strawberries using technologies from the Netherlands and Britain.
Read more at Shandong News
Publication date: 1/3/2017
Other news in this sector: