Job offersmore »
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
- Entomologist Position - Leamington, Ontario, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "24% labor savings with new strawberry container"
- Mexico: Agropark growers starting their crop change
- Success of 'cana-business' relies on efficient commercial greenhouse technology
- US: BioWorks launches new OMRI-Listed biofungicide for botrytis control
- US: BrightFarms recalls produce due to potential presence of metal pieces
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Growing vine crops without daylight is possible. Here, there and everywhere...
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
Exchange ratesmore »
Dirk Mühlenweg, Knauf
From Kilimanjaro to PerligranFor 25 years now, Dirk Mühlenweg has been the responsible sales manager for the horticulture business unit at Knauf, a producer of substrates made from perlite. Being a learned gardener and stately approved landscaping specialist, he witnessed an enormous development in horticulture during these 25 years. Thus he is especially and personally happy about the growing importance of sustainability in the business. It is the top goal of his consistent engagement in the national and international business.
Mühlenweg is a nature lover and conductor of trekking tours, that led him among others to the summit of Kilimanjaro twice. Himself deeply rooted in gardening, he could apply his expertise and passion also in his professional life. In the year 2003 he was responsible for the market launch of the RHP certified gardening perlite Perligran, which has earned renown for its quality and durability. Perligran is used around the globe as a substrate additive as well as a pure medium: “Whoever wants to combine healthy plant growth, efficiency and sustainability, will end up with a natural mineral product just as Perligran“, says Dirk Mühlenweg. “It is featuring a high capillarity and very good drainage and at the same time an especially low weight. And in its pure form Perligran can be re-used up to five times.”
In Germany and Switzerland Perligran was now added to the FibL list, which qualifies it for usage in organic gardening and agriculture. Hearing this made for an especially happy day for Dirk Mühlenweg.
For more information:
Publication date: 12/22/2016
Other news in this sector: