Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (HI): Aquaponics & commercial aquaponics courses on MauiAquaponics and introduction to commercial aquaponics science courses will begin Jan. 17, 2017, for backyard, small-scale and commercial entrepreneurs ready to enhance their understanding in the applications of business and aquaponic science side of growing food in a soilless aquatic environment with fish.
Business topics will include business planning principles and of sustainable soil-less food production.
Registration is open until Jan. 13 and students may audit the course or sign up to earn credit toward an aquaponics technician certification. For students with day jobs, the course is offered online and in the evenings to include both weekly lectures and lab.
Leo Kaniela Caires, a sustainable energy expert, entrepreneur and Maui High School graduate, will instruct the course. Caires holds a bachelor’s of science from the University of Wyoming College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. He holds an MBA with an emphasis in business entrepreneurship and is completing his doctorate in leadership and management.
Read more at Maui Now
Publication date: 12/23/2016
Other news in this sector: