Job offersmore »
- Commercieel Logistiek/Inkoop medewerker - Aalsmeer, NL
- Manager/Director R&D Operations - Japan
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Sales Manager - Europe
- Distribution Manager - Fort Worth DC, TX USA
- Greenhouse supervisor - Lisianthus propagator
- Technical Sales Representative - Canada
- Export Project Manager - Bergschenhoek
- Senior Technical Manager – United Kingdom
- In-House Horticultural Consultant - Lodi, OH
Top 5 - yesterday
- Photo Report International Soft Fruit Conference 2017
- Canada: Freeman Herbs sees positive effects of dynamic LEDs
- "Future of automation in weed control is very promising”
- US (NY): Intergrow might look at other location to develop new farm
- IoT has the potential to be a real game changer in agriculture
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New LEDs for Belgian trial station
The Belgian Trial Centre for Vegetable Cultivation PCG has invested in a new lighting installation for their greenhouse department with a mobile gutter system. The test center has already conducted a lot of research with mobile gutter systems and lit cultivation. "However, in view of recent developments with regard to this cultivation method in the greenhouse sector, it was decided to completely replace the SON-T lamps with LED lighting, whereby we finally opted for Philips LED Toplights."
This is part of the vision to pursue more sustainable, cost-effective crops of higher quality through further optimization of production technologies and techniques. In the future the research focus will be on leafy vegetables, but herbs will also be looked at.
The installation is being launched within the framework of the LA-trajectory ‘Lightman’ (VLAIO). Last year, trials were held to research the effect of the light spectrum on production and quality of some lettuces on the MGS. A comparison was conducted between SON-T lights and narrow and broad spectrum LED.
During the current lighting season the effect will be evaluated of an atypical, savings oriented light regime on the production and quality of some types of lettuce on the MGS, using the new LED installation.
Publication date: 12/23/2016
Other news in this sector: