Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- US (FL): Wish Farms launches strawberry season with new sweepstakes
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
New LEDs for Belgian trial station
The Belgian Trial Centre for Vegetable Cultivation PCG has invested in a new lighting installation for their greenhouse department with a mobile gutter system. The test center has already conducted a lot of research with mobile gutter systems and lit cultivation. "However, in view of recent developments with regard to this cultivation method in the greenhouse sector, it was decided to completely replace the SON-T lamps with LED lighting, whereby we finally opted for Philips LED Toplights."
This is part of the vision to pursue more sustainable, cost-effective crops of higher quality through further optimization of production technologies and techniques. In the future the research focus will be on leafy vegetables, but herbs will also be looked at.
The installation is being launched within the framework of the LA-trajectory ‘Lightman’ (VLAIO). Last year, trials were held to research the effect of the light spectrum on production and quality of some lettuces on the MGS. A comparison was conducted between SON-T lights and narrow and broad spectrum LED.
During the current lighting season the effect will be evaluated of an atypical, savings oriented light regime on the production and quality of some types of lettuce on the MGS, using the new LED installation.
Publication date: 12/23/2016
Other news in this sector: