Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (ID): Coeur Greens starts year-round productionCoeur Greens operations manager Drew McNabb saw the need for fresh, local produce in the area, and decided he could help.
Coeur Greens bought a Freight Farm earlier this year and starts growing its first batch of lettuce this week. The Freight Farm, a 320 square-foot shipping container, is climate controlled so it doesn’t need chemicals to control pests and it uses about 90 percent less water than conventional agriculture.
Coeur Greens wants to take part in the Farm to School program created by the Idaho Department of Agriculture, which encourages schools to buy local produce.
“We don’t want trucks coming from California driving 800 or 900 miles to drop off produce,” said Thomas McNabb, a Coeur Greens farm hand. “We want to be a great resource for the Coeur d’Alene region.”
Within its first few batches of produce, Coeur Greens will donate about 800 heads of lettuce to both the Community Action Partnership Food Bank and St. Vincent de Paul.
Read more at Coeur d'Alene Press
Publication date: 1/9/2017
Other news in this sector: