Job offersmore »
- Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia
- Account Manager - Netherlands
- International Account Manager Tomato
- Experienced Tomato Grower - China
- CITRUS COMMERCIAL - Spain
- Account Manager Groene Ruimte en Pest Control Nederland
- Junior Accountmanager
- Junior Sales Engineer
- Junior Sales Engineer
- International Logistic and Product Supervisor - Rijnsburg, Holland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Oscillating strawberry system allows 200,000 plants per hectare
- The effect of LED grow lights on human health
- US (KY): AppHarvest plans 2 million sq.ft. high-tech greenhouse
- Integrated organic pest management more on the radar than ever before
- "Different shading products solution for climate problems"
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Thomas Magnusson, Cogeca President:
"Cooperatives need to be innovative, follow consumer trends"Up against increasing challenges and low growth markets in the EU, Cogeca President Mr Magnusson underlined the need for cooperatives to be innovative, add value to produce and follow consumer trends at Cogeca's Business Forum today.
Speaking at the event, Mr Magnusson said "We face many challenges today ranging from climate change, volatile markets, increasing consumer demands, investment in new products, producing more with less to meet growing food demand".
"To meet these, it’s more important than ever for the cooperative to add value to their products to respond to consumers demands. New, innovative products that respond to short and long term consumer trends need to be developed in order to penetrate the market. It’s also important to find new export markets for our quality produce", he added.
Bernard Guillard from the vegetable cooperative Agrial from France, Mikko Nikula from the meat cooperative HkScan from Finland, Giovanni Guarneri from the dairy cooperative Plac in Italy and Didier Algoet from the fruit and vegetable cooperative BelOrta in Belgium also participated in the event. They underlined the need to position and differentiate the product in the market, paying attention for example to innovative packaging, labelling, branding, quality, good production standards. Good planning is also important as well as a good analysis of market risks. One successful example cited at the event involved the creation of a ready-made salad which became so successful in France that it also hit the UK and Spanish markets.
For more information:
Publication date: 12/20/2016
Other news in this sector: