Job offersmore »
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
New ICL fertilizer combines nitrogen, calcium and magnesiumCalcium is essential for proper cell wall development in young plants, stems, terminal buds, bracts, flowers and fruit. Magnesium is a critical component of the chlorophyll molecule, the green pigment that creates energy for plants. Now, ICL Specialty Fertilizers’ Osmocote CalMag 9-0-0 blend is available to provide additional calcium and magnesium to plants that need it most.
“Many plants exhibit calcium or magnesium deficiencies for a variety of reasons,” said Kurt Brace, ICL’s ornamental horticulture marketing manager for the Americas. “By simply adding Osmocote CalMag to their fertilizer programs, growers can provide these plants with a steady supply of calcium and magnesium over time. This practice can eliminate repeat applications, saving time, labor and money.”
Osmocote CalMag is a blend of ICL’s patented E-Max polymer coated technology and micronutrients. It’s ideal for plants that require extra calcium and magnesium, as well as those grown in lower root zone pH levels; those irrigated with low alkalinity rain, surface or well water; or simply those plants tested and found to be deficient in these micronutrients.
Growers can topdress Osmocote CalMag or incorporate it into growing media—a particularly wise practice when using lower lime rates. Plants should be watered immediately following an application of Osmocote CalMag.
“Osmocote CalMag can be used in combination with ICL’s other Osmocote and Peters fertilizers,” Brace said. “By providing supplemental calcium and magnesium, Osmocote CalMag can help improve the overall health and appearance of potted plants, bedding plants, perennials, sub-tropicals and container nursery stock crops.”
For more information:
Epsilon House, West Road, Ipswich.
T: +44 (0)1473 237100
F: +44 (0)1473 237150
Publication date: 12/14/2016
Other news in this sector: