Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN(QC): Havecon to build 250,000 sq. ft. greenhouse for Hydropothecary
- Australia: 5000m2 hydroponic business for sale in NSW
- Choosing a substrate for hydroponic production
- New project to integrate Dutch water technology in Mexican horticulture
- CAN(ON):Chibante's Kingsville operation also joins Mastronardi
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Stay in your easy chair and let a robot grow your food?Working in your own vegetable garden is usually a good way to enjoy fresh air more often. Well, not with this new Farmbot CNC controlled farming machine.
The FarmBot Genesis Open Source CNC Controlled farming machine moves around in the XYZ space in order to plant seeds, water them and scout the growth of your backyard veggies 24/7. The robot can sow seeds in any pattern and density and water them according to the local climatic conditions. It uses an on board camera to scout the crops and detect and take out weeds and even comes with a soil sensor to enable even more smarter planting and crop strategies.
The developers behind the advanced gardening machine say that it makes healthy fresh produce available to anyone. But would it not be healthier to get out of your easy chair and do some old fashioned gardening yourself?
Other news in this sector: