Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Stay in your easy chair and let a robot grow your food?Working in your own vegetable garden is usually a good way to enjoy fresh air more often. Well, not with this new Farmbot CNC controlled farming machine.
The FarmBot Genesis Open Source CNC Controlled farming machine moves around in the XYZ space in order to plant seeds, water them and scout the growth of your backyard veggies 24/7. The robot can sow seeds in any pattern and density and water them according to the local climatic conditions. It uses an on board camera to scout the crops and detect and take out weeds and even comes with a soil sensor to enable even more smarter planting and crop strategies.
The developers behind the advanced gardening machine say that it makes healthy fresh produce available to anyone. But would it not be healthier to get out of your easy chair and do some old fashioned gardening yourself?
Other news in this sector: