Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
No cases of Hepatitis A in IndianaA recent panic spreading across multiple states worrying about hepatitis A contaminated strawberries has recently reached the people of Indiana. According to Pam Pontones, a state epidemiologist with the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) however, people can rest easy for now. He said that there have yet to be any cases of Hepatitis A from contaminated strawberries in the state.
As confirmed by Pontones, however, the ISDH investigation stretched to eight restaurants in three counties – Marion, Hamilton and Hendricks, where officials confirmed the restaurants served products containing the affected strawberries.
Overall, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported 134 people with hepatitis A linked to the outbreak from nine states, including 52 hospitalizations. No deaths have been reported. The contaminated strawberries were removed from Tropical Smoothie Cafes by Aug. 8, reported the CDC. After the outbreak was apparent they notified people in affected areas hoping to reach them before the two-week window passed.
“That two-week window is important because people who have been exposed to hepatitis A can receive either hepatitis A vaccine or immunoglobulin to prevent infection if that is received within two weeks of exposure,” she said.
Publication date: 12/6/2016
Other news in this sector: