Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- Plantlab says it has a patent on indoor farming
- Dutch growers take advantage of new dehumidification techniques
- Photo report: A visit to Beekenkamp's latest greenhouse
- "Urban ag only provides small environmental benefits in northeastern US"
- Adding taste and quality to Holland's largest tomato category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
December 7, Zwijndrecht
NL: Jiffy opens new substrate mixing facilityOn Wednesday December 7th, Jiffy’s new 1Plant will be officially opened by Dagfinn Andersen, CEO of Jiffy International AS, parent company of Jiffy Products International BV. Many of Jiffy’s customers and business relations have been invited to participate in the festivities around the official opening taking place in Zwijndrecht the Netherlands. Tours of the new facility will be available for the guests during the opening festivities.
By bringing together a number of production locations in the Netherlands, Jiffy aims to be ready for the future, guaranteeing it’s Dutch and International substrate customers top quality substrates through use of the most advanced mixing equipment available on the market. The Zwijndrecht location was chosen because of the accessibility by both water and highway. Incoming raw materials arrive by vessel, outgoing substrates leave by truck. Construction on the 1Plant started in November 2015 with a planned finish date of December 2016. The first delivery of substrates from the 1Plant was made October 28th.
Jiffy’s 1Plant consists of a 27.000 sq. m. production hall and a 550 sq. m office. The existing harbour area has had a major make-over to facilitate the off-loading of sea going vessels. Around 100 people will be employed at the new facility, in addition to the construction cost of the building a total investment of around 25 million Euro was needed to build the state of the art mixing equipment and operating software, guaranteeing Jiffy a prominent place in the world of substrates.
For more information:
Jiffy Products International
T+ 31 168 41 35 00
Publication date: 12/2/2016
Other news in this sector: