Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Scurvy cases rising in AustraliaScurvy, a disease historically associated with sailors long ago on voyages, is making a comeback in Australia. Health officials have reported multiple cases as of late.
Now considered rare, it is reappearing thanks to poor dietary habits, thinks Jenny Gunton, who heads the Centre for Diabetes, Obesity and Endocrinology research at the Westmead Institute in Sydney. She noticed the cases after multiple patients came in with wounds that would not heal on their own.
“When I asked about their diet, one person was eating little or no fresh fruit and vegetables, but the rest ate fair amounts of vegetables; they were simply overcooking them, which destroys the vitamin C,” she said.
Publication date: 11/29/2016
Other news in this sector: