Job offersmore »
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
- Entomologist Position - Leamington, Ontario, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "24% labor savings with new strawberry container"
- Mexico: Agropark growers starting their crop change
- Success of 'cana-business' relies on efficient commercial greenhouse technology
- US: BioWorks launches new OMRI-Listed biofungicide for botrytis control
- US: BrightFarms recalls produce due to potential presence of metal pieces
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Growing vine crops without daylight is possible. Here, there and everywhere...
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
Exchange ratesmore »
Pegasus Agriculture to move into US marketsInternational hydroponic experts Pegasus Agriculture have announced plans to construct a large hydroponic facility in Florida, USA. The company has purchased a 15 year lease on 77 acres of land, with an option to extend the lease by an additional 15. The move will give the company access to North American markets, which have exploded in recent years as local populations are shifting demand to more sustainable, locally produced goods.
The local effects of climate change, of which rising sea levels is a major issue for the state, are being felt by residents, and recent polls indicate that roughly 80% of Florida’s population now believes in its existence.
Additionally, Florida’s agriculture sector has been showing significant signs of growth over the last few years, with some 1.56 million people being employed in the state’s agriculture and natural resources sectors in 2014, which is the latest year for which there is data.
Ultimately, this makes Florida an extremely attractive location for international hydroponics companies like Pegasus Agriculture. In fact, Mahmood Almas, the company’s Group Chairman is quoted as having said that “it is one of the most ideal locations to press the advantages of hydroponics available worldwide, at the moment.”
For more information:
902, Boulevard Plaza Tower 2
Emaar Boulevard Downtown Dubai
United Arab Emirates
T: +971 4 818 8300
Publication date: 10/6/2016
Other news in this sector: