- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Buying own cleaning machine becomes more attractive:
Be prepared to clean the inner glass by the end of the season
Van der Waay designed the robust AquaJet tube rail cart after they noticed many growers were struggling to find a good machine to get the inside of their greenhouses clean. The cart, which runs on a gasoline motor and has a built-in high-pressure pump, is specially designed to clean the glass and gutters of your empty greenhouses quickly and with the lowest possible amount of labor.
Cleaning the inner glass with the AquaJet
"Cleaning the greenhouses is usually a hell of a job, no matter the size of the operation", explained Tom Zwanenburg of Van der Waay. "With the AquaJet it will only take 1 person to apply a cleaning agent and flushing after 1 hectare of roof plus the gable facades per workday." Furthermore Van der Waay has an additional hanging gutter cleaning unit available for the AquaJet.
Cleaning the hanging gutters on the way back with the additional gutter unit.
The design of the AquaJet is very robust and long-lasting. Zwanenburg explained that they looked closely at the circumstances the machines would be used in, based on their experience with previous designs. "These machines are used in very wet and heavy situations, hence we made sure that the AquaJet would be tough enough to withstand this. There is not too much stuff like automation, sensors and electronics involved in the design, as electronics and water usually are not a good combination. On the other hand, we designed the flow of the cleaning agents (in most cases Fluor) and the water in a special circuit, so the fluor is not going through the pump, but dosed with the output water flow after the pump. This makes the system long lasting too, as the fluor has no chance to damage vital parts of the AquaJet's pump. If maintained well, the machine is guaranteed to run for years without any major problems."
According to Zwanenburg, the AquaJet can already be interesting for growers that have 1 or more hectares of glass greenhouse. "In the past we used to sell a lot of these machines to contractors, but more recently a lot of growers all over the world realize the benefits of having their own machines. They now see that they can do the job themselves at any given time with the lowest physical burden for the staff. Only 1 worker is needed to clean a hectare a day and he can continuously disinfect and rinse without too much hassle. This gives the machine a very good ROI."
The AquaJet is available for almost any Venlo glass greenhouse operation; it comes with an adjustable spray mast, adjustable tube rail size and 150 meters of hose on the reel.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 11/10/2017 Be prepared to clean the inner glass by the end of the season
- 11/30/2016 CleanStart: Sustainable soil pest management from Certis Europe
- 11/29/2016 Implementing BioSecurity in 9 steps
- 11/28/2016 Susceptibility of basil species and cultivars to Peronospora belbahrii
- 11/25/2016 Three new lettuce varieties resistant to Fusarium
- 11/24/2016 US (KY): New strawberry scouting guide available for Kentucky
- 11/23/2016 Steaming is gaining steam
- 11/22/2016 Source of Dutch Ralstonia infection remains unknown
- 11/21/2016 Penn State tests nanotube device for plant disease detection
- 11/18/2016 Video: What is happening with all that used rockwool?
- 11/17/2016 Can soil be too sterile?
- 11/16/2016 Do you have a press release for our Clean Start and Crop Change special!
- 11/11/2016 Gleaning at the greenhouse
- 11/10/2016 How herbivores manipulate plant defences
- 11/09/2016 "Double protection provides significantly more security"
- 11/08/2016 BioConsortia raises $12 million for development of multi-microbe products
- 11/07/2016 Russell IPM wins Innovation Award at Strawberry and Asparagus Fair
- 11/04/2016 Weterings Mechanisatie speeds up greenhouse crop change
- 11/03/2016 Ensure optimum hygiene during crop change
- 11/02/2016 Australia: Nursery waste management for reducing costs