Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- US (FL): Wish Farms launches strawberry season with new sweepstakes
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
Israel: Mizrahi edible flowers greenhouses monitored, controlled with AgroAmitec
Not far from Tel Aviv Mr. and Mrs. Simon Mizrahi grow edible flowers which they export worldwide.
In order to assure high quality and high yields, free of diseases, and ready for the market on schedule -Mr. Mizrahi grows his crop in a greenhouse which is being monitored and controlled using AgroAmitec Climate Control, which was developed in co-operation with Volcani Center ARO - Agricultural Research Organization (the Israeli Ministry of Agriculture).
The conditions in the greenhouse have to be closely and accurately monitored in order to prevent favorable growth conditions for diseases, and at the same time facilitate optimal growing conditions for optimal growth yields.
Mr. and Mrs. Simon Mizrahi chose AgroAmitec Climate Control in order to monitor and control the climate conditions at the greenhouse.
The system that was developed in conjunction with Dr. Arbel closely monitors and accurately controls the conditions at the greenhouse year round, including in the hot months of summer season. Mr. Mizrahi pointed out that this is the first year he managed to work inside the greenhouse throughout the entire summer season including July and August.
AgroAmitec is an all-inclusive system that manages the greenhouse controlled protocol efficiently including switching between protocols, thus assuring efficient utilization of all available resources including opening the ruff, side curtains, fans, high pressure fogging, moisture control system.
The system acquires information from a computerized system that aids in setting the different dynamic set points that are adjusted throughout the day, thus assuring optimal growth conditions. The system's data is displayed on an online internet page. The data includes the greenhouse's different measured parameters, and alerts are sent via email and SMS message far before the optimal growing conditions are disrupted.
For more information
Publication date: 6/27/2016
Other news in this sector: