Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- NatureFresh Farms develops unconventional pest management methods
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- Protected Cropping Australia appoints new board
- Dutch police raids greenhouses in heroin investigation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Israel: Mizrahi edible flowers greenhouses monitored, controlled with AgroAmitec
Not far from Tel Aviv Mr. and Mrs. Simon Mizrahi grow edible flowers which they export worldwide.
In order to assure high quality and high yields, free of diseases, and ready for the market on schedule -Mr. Mizrahi grows his crop in a greenhouse which is being monitored and controlled using AgroAmitec Climate Control, which was developed in co-operation with Volcani Center ARO - Agricultural Research Organization (the Israeli Ministry of Agriculture).
The conditions in the greenhouse have to be closely and accurately monitored in order to prevent favorable growth conditions for diseases, and at the same time facilitate optimal growing conditions for optimal growth yields.
Mr. and Mrs. Simon Mizrahi chose AgroAmitec Climate Control in order to monitor and control the climate conditions at the greenhouse.
The system that was developed in conjunction with Dr. Arbel closely monitors and accurately controls the conditions at the greenhouse year round, including in the hot months of summer season. Mr. Mizrahi pointed out that this is the first year he managed to work inside the greenhouse throughout the entire summer season including July and August.
AgroAmitec is an all-inclusive system that manages the greenhouse controlled protocol efficiently including switching between protocols, thus assuring efficient utilization of all available resources including opening the ruff, side curtains, fans, high pressure fogging, moisture control system.
The system acquires information from a computerized system that aids in setting the different dynamic set points that are adjusted throughout the day, thus assuring optimal growth conditions. The system's data is displayed on an online internet page. The data includes the greenhouse's different measured parameters, and alerts are sent via email and SMS message far before the optimal growing conditions are disrupted.
For more information
Publication date: 6/27/2016
Other news in this sector: