- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Bonduelle Fresh Americas sends 10,000 salads to help Hurricane Florence victims
- US (FL): Tecogen adds new service center to support growing fleet in Southeast
- US: Fredericton sees giant 1,808-pound pumpkin
- CAN (SK): Opportunities grow for Creighton container garden
- "Intelligent Sprayer: commercialization approved"
Top 5 -last week
Integrated control system for DCA storage
Fruitmasters stores around 9 million kilos of top fruit, soft fruit and stonefruit under DCA conditions. Optimal conditions need to be established for each fruit variety, even for each batch - depending on factors such as the fruit size, the (micro)climate in the orchard and the degree of ripeness during harvest. Constant monitoring, measuring and adjustments are required to keep conditions consistent and fruit quality at an optimum condition for each room.
Frequent gas analysis
The Fruitmasters' depots are provided with three ULO gas control stations. Using measurement hoses, each station analyses the atmosphere in 20 cold stores. The control system provides individual settings in each room, for any gas and temperature storage regime. All settings are tightly controlled and any deviations from the set value points are notified to the user.
Nijssen's control system regulates all of the processes, both cooling conditions (i.e. temperature, humidity) and ULO components (i.e. gas measurements, aeration, CO2 scrubbers, nitrogen generator). Cold stores can be controlled individually or as part of a group.
Large amounts of data traffic
"The data management was one of the challenges for this set up," technical engineer Edwin Snabel of Nijssen explains. "Monitoring the conditions in all cold stores generates a huge amount of data - especially in Fruitmasters' large scale operations. Smart solutions for data traffic have been applied in the software. This means the system can control and respond quickly and efficiently."
"Due to extensive measuring and registering, we are now able to respond quickly to deviations," says Harry Beelen, cold store manager at Fruitmasters. "Also, it is simpler to interpret tendencies in the storage process."
Quick set up based on recipes
With around 350 settings and measurement per cooling cell, custom control threatens to be a huge task. The control therefore offers the opportunity to capture the basic conditions and for each variety and set a basic recipes for the different phases in storage. Through user friendly menus adjustment is possible on all parameters. The basic recipes are stored on the control computer, so that unlimited recipes can be defined.
Extensive data registration
All actions, alarms and log data are registered by the system and can easily be recovered for analysis. A full report of each batch is available, including detailed overviews and graphs. Of course, all information can also be printed and exported. "An extensive and accurate account of the storage process is of the utmost importance for us," says Harry Beelen. "With around 50 million kilos of fruit in storage we have a big responsibility."
Nijssen will be at GreenTech 2016 (14-16 June 2016, Amsterdam RAI).
For more information:
+31 71 521 62 14
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 07/04/2018 Vacuum cooling for every small hold farmer on the planet
- 06/27/2018 US (CA): JSK cooling system for Sunniva
- 06/07/2018 Netherlands: IPHandlers builds new Perishable Centre
- 02/27/2018 North-east India: Farm-side cold storages for vegetables
- 01/04/2018 Absence of cold storage: Indian tomato farmers resort to distress sales
- 12/13/2017 Cold chain solutions for Nigerian farmers
- 12/13/2017 Fresh investment poised to bring innovative device to exporters worldwide
- 12/12/2017 India: Cold storage for growers in the orange bowl of Manipur
- 11/22/2017 What is hydronic cooling?
- 11/13/2017 China: Demand for refrigerated trucks is steadily growing
- 10/03/2017 Tecnova implements a greenhouse refrigeration system in Egypt
- 09/01/2017 Royal treatment for the 'King of the frozen fruits': the strawberry
- 06/07/2017 New monitoring solution for food retailers
- 05/17/2017 "If you don't jump on it quickly, CGMMV can easily get out of hand"
- 04/03/2017 China: Large cold chain logistics center to be built in Ganzhou
- 03/16/2017 Conviron announces new distributor for Colombia, Peru and Ecuador
- 02/02/2017 McGill researchers develop new passive cooling and ventilation solution
- 02/01/2017 Reducing ethylene levels allows higher storage temperatures for vegetables
- 01/03/2017 Cold storage capacity increasing globally
- 11/01/2016 Isocab introduces ‘the new foam’