- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
- Iceland: Geothermal energy could be used for dehydrating greenhouse tomatoes
- US: Sugarmade acquires hydroponics supplier Sky Unlimited
- "Strong market position for greenhouse horticulture with resilient vegetables"
- Former Prime Minister of Canada joins cannabis company
- Vegetable growers warn of possible shortages in new year
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Codema, Dalsem and Vifra to realize 81 million dollar project:
US: 32 hectares of medicinal greenhouses to be realized in New Mexico
Contracts have been signed and the construction of the project will start in the first quarter of 2016. Parties involved are Dutch greenhouse builder Dalsem, the Codema Group and the Italian supplier of high pressure fog systems Vifra.
This greenhouse structure on George Hanosh Blvd will be revamped into a state of the art propagation facility. The new large Dalsem greenhouse will be build on the other side of the road.
Dalsem Horticulture Projects BV will build the 267,000 sq meter (66 acres) state of the art glass greenhouse and a 16,000 sq meter (just under 4 acres) food grade warehouse facility. Both the greenhouse and warehouse are designed for the flowering production stage, manufacturing and oil extraction of potted type plants. Dalsem informs that local contractors will employ all hourly construction workers from the area to be trained to build the project over a 26 month period. Jan Pieter Dalsem:"I anticipate that from this development our company will be involved in other new projects in this area that will need workers that now have the skills, knowledge and experience”.
The Codema Group, a Dutch developer of total automation for greenhouse potted plants and cultivation systems, has signed contracts to fully automate the entire growing process. They will first install automation in the existing 10 hectare facility for pot filling, seeding/cloning, propagating and developing a seedling to a flowering stage.
Here they will also install machines from Logitec Plus; like a substrate mixing line, transport belts, and coco mills. Codema furthermore has designed special automation for the container grown plants to move around the greenhouse. The system will use robotics to adjust the plant density as the plants develop.
When te potted plants reach the flowering stage, they will move to the new 267,000 sq meter (66 acre) facility on the other side of the road, where they will flower in the greenhouse. After 45 days of specific 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark period, the grow containers will automatically arrive at the food grade warehouse for harvest and subsequent manufacturing and or oil extraction.
Michael Ploeg, Export Manager for the Codema Systems Group: “The system has the capabilities to track and identify the total production from propagation to the finished product. This allows the Bright Green Group to fully retrieve and report information about every single plant. In my opinion and experience this is the only way an operation can be compliant with anticipated laws, rules and regulations that are sure to be imposed by governments and lawmakers as this sector develops”.
Italian manufacturer of high pressure fog systems Vifra Italia Srl, will be responsible for the installment of the adiabatic cooling system. Vincenzo Russo of Vifra; "We have designed a system specially for this type of crop and cultivation method. The use of our system is crucial for the fundamental succes of the operation as the system is used to have better control of the climate in the greenhouse in the extremely sunny, dry climate that the growers have to deal with as the facility is located on 2,000 meter (6,400’) elevation, in Grants New Mexico."
Russo futhermore added that his company considers to open a local North American operation in the City of Grants to facilitate their anticipated sales in Mexico and Canada as well.
About the Bright Green Group:
The Bright Green Group of Companies is a closely held New Mexico Corporation. There are 125 investor shareholders that each invested $800,000 for 80,000 shares and together hold a total of 10 million shares. In addition, contributor, directors and board members collectively own 640,000 shares. Lynn Stockwell controls, owns directly or indirectly 17,452,400 shares representing 62.33% of the ownership. The company once developed will have real estate, cash and related equipment assets in excess of $120 million with no associated short or long term debt.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 US: Sugarmade acquires hydroponics supplier Sky Unlimited
- 10/18/2018 Italy: Cefla Group adds dedicated Lighting division
- 10/17/2018 Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
- 10/17/2018 South Africa: Woolworths called out for ‘organics’ claim
- 10/17/2018 Europe’s largest retailer teams up with IBM
- 10/17/2018 North Carolina indoor city farm nears completion of Phase 1
- 10/17/2018 Toni Bucci joins AgBiome Innovations team
- 10/16/2018 Argentina: Tomato producers denounce obstacles to export to Paraguay
- 10/15/2018 Peruvian company Virú acquires pepper distributor in Spain
- 10/15/2018 Two new hires for Nogales grower
- 10/15/2018 Sainsbury’s UK: 'Brussels sprouts' and 'pigs in blankets' flavoured teas
- 10/15/2018 ‘Meicai’ app funding round generates more than $600 million
- 10/15/2018 100th anniversary celebrated by setting a world record
- 10/15/2018 Hatenboer-Water appoints two new managers
- 10/12/2018 New tomato brand to be launched December 2018 in Western U.S.
- 10/12/2018 Chambers bolsters partner grower network to strengthen year-round berry offering
- 10/12/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers hires new Executive VP of Sales
- 10/11/2018 "Horticulture sector is gigantic and with an incredible international orientation"
- 10/11/2018 CubicFarm Systems readies for expansion into cannabis sector as Bevo Agro prepares to become Zenabis Global
- 10/11/2018 New export platform for Belgian agricultural products