Job offersmore »
- Business Advisor - China
- Nursery Manager (Container Plants) - Australia
- Nursery Operations Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - Finland
- Electrical Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Farm Manager - Australia
- Greenhouse Manager / Head Grower, Bermuda
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US(PA): 60,000 sq.ft. vertical greenhouse to bolster Lancaster's less fortunate
- UK start-up introduces inflatable deep water culture system
- Leaf sensors can tell farmers when crops need to be watered
- Inefficient cannabis growers will go out of business eventually
- Hawaii: Ultra fine bubbles help lettuce grower reduce tipburn
Exchange ratesmore »
Hort Americas to participate in Tour de Fresh 2015
Hort Americas is a proud sponsor (and rider participant) of the Tour de Fresh. This one-of-a-kind collaborative event unites the most significant brands and influencers in the fresh produce industry for a four-day cycling event that raises funds to benefit the Let's Move Salad Bars to Schools campaign. The inaugural 2014 event raised over $142,000 and placed over 40 salads bars in communities in 11 states, including California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Texas, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia.
The goal of Tour de Fresh 2015 and its participants is to privately finance 100+ new salad bars in school districts across the country. At a cost of less than $3,000 per salad bar per school, sponsors and participants strongly believe that providing healthy eating opportunities for school children should be a requirement and is the foundation of creating positive change for our future.
This year Hort Americas efforts are also being supported by Village Farms, Riococo, Houweling's Tomatoes, Grodan, Age Old Organics, UrbanAgNews.com as well countless other friends and family. All of our efforts will directly benefit the Earl Nance Sr. Elementary in the St. Louis Public School system.
For those interested, there is still time to contribute. Please visit Hort Americas Donation Page for more details.
Contact: Maria Luitjohan, 1-469-532-2383
Publication date: 9/24/2015
Other news in this sector: