Job offersmore »
- Export Manager Fertilizers Africa - The Netherlands
- Area Marketing Manager - The Netherlands
- Sustainable Crop Management Specialist - Germany
- Marketing Communications Officer - Saudi Arabia
- Venlo Greenhouse Export Sales Manager
- Pepper Grower - California US
- Product Manager - Vantaa or Eurajoki, Finland or in Niibi, Estonia
- Technical sales supervisor (Customer Service Manager) - Leamington, ON Canada
- Museum Scientist - Davis, United States (CA)
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- Is the availability of Cocopeat unlimited? (1)
- Biological Control: How to prevent Spider Mites in a Greenhouse Environment (1)
- Uganda: Greenhouse gives veg grower better yields, more cash (7)
- Three large growers to use Paskal Growth Analysis System (1)
- Mexico: With help, Sunny Fields off to good start (1)
- Analytic data sheet on temperature reducing greenhouse poly (1)
- "I expect 50 hectares of new greenhouses to be built in Greece in the next few years" (1)
- Technology converts organic wastes into organic fertilizer in just one day (9)
- Italy: Less strawberries but of better quality (1)
- Storm creates 4 hectare rooftop greenhouse in Holland (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
170 hectares of greenhouses:
Romania: Hortifruct to increase production of tomatoes and cucumberAfter selling 36,000 tons of fruit and vegetable in 2012, Romanian producersí organization Hortifruct plans to increase production to 38,000 tons this year. Most of this will be represented by tomatoes and cucumbers.
ďBoth larger crops as well as demand for local produce lead us to believe Romanian fruit and vegetable will have a strong comeback,Ē said Valeria Trica, Hortifructís manager.
In 2012 Hortifruct reported a total turnover of over 37 Euro million out of which 44 percent was represented by tomatoes and cucumber sales.
Hortifructís seven members own 170 hectares of greenhouses, 2,000 hectares of vineyards and 500 hectares of orchards and field crops.
About 35 percent of the organizationís 2013 production will be exported to countries like Austria, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia. New European export markets are targeted in the future.
The organizationís members are Leoser SA, Berser SA, Leader International SA, Frank í93 Prod SRL, Ostrovit SA, Lio Agro Com SRL and Ilser Oltenia SRL.
The organization was set up in 2007. It promotes locally grown fruit and vegetable and offers its members advisory services for production and marketing.
Publication date: 4/23/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.