Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Manager - China
- International Trade Marketeer - Netherlands
- Greenhouse Supervisor - Dunville, Ontario
- Export Area Manager - Finland
- Chief Operating Officer – Northern Africa
- Account Manager - Export
- Greenhouse Manager - Austin, Texas
- International salesmanager - The Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - Eastern US
- Sales Representatives - United States (MO, IL, IN)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Program 2016 HortiDaily High Tech Greenhouse Tour announced
- Is Casey Houweling going to produce the U.S.'s most sustainable tomato?
- "Weight measurements of the plants tells me a great deal"
- Canada: First seedlings placed in Roelands Plant Farms expansion
- US (IL): Gotham Greens expands to Chicago with the world's largest rooftop farm
Top 5 - last month
- Sweden: Family designs greenhouse to wrap around home and warm it naturally
- Register now for the 2016 HortiDaily High Tech Greenhouse Tour
- Tomato production under LED exceeds 100 kilo/m2
- Large scale greenhouse production without fossil fuels?
- UK: APS Salads first UK grower with 100% LED lighting installation for tomatoes
Exchange ratesmore »
170 hectares of greenhouses:
Romania: Hortifruct to increase production of tomatoes and cucumberAfter selling 36,000 tons of fruit and vegetable in 2012, Romanian producers’ organization Hortifruct plans to increase production to 38,000 tons this year. Most of this will be represented by tomatoes and cucumbers.
“Both larger crops as well as demand for local produce lead us to believe Romanian fruit and vegetable will have a strong comeback,” said Valeria Trica, Hortifruct’s manager.
In 2012 Hortifruct reported a total turnover of over 37 Euro million out of which 44 percent was represented by tomatoes and cucumber sales.
Hortifruct’s seven members own 170 hectares of greenhouses, 2,000 hectares of vineyards and 500 hectares of orchards and field crops.
About 35 percent of the organization’s 2013 production will be exported to countries like Austria, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia. New European export markets are targeted in the future.
The organization’s members are Leoser SA, Berser SA, Leader International SA, Frank ’93 Prod SRL, Ostrovit SA, Lio Agro Com SRL and Ilser Oltenia SRL.
The organization was set up in 2007. It promotes locally grown fruit and vegetable and offers its members advisory services for production and marketing.
Publication date: 4/23/2013
Other news in this sector: