Job offersmore »
- International Sales Manager - Global
- Sales Representative - Kingsville, Canada (ON)
- Horticulture instructors - Canada
- Sales & Supply Manager - Australia
- Marketing Manager LED Solutions Floriculture - Netherlands
- Potato Technical Manager - Russia
- Export Sales Manager - Kings Lynn, Norfolk, England
- Career positions in Tehachapi - US (CA)
- Marketing manager - Westerlo, Belgium
- Hydroponic and greenhouse positions - United States
Last commentsmore »
- Complete range of Beekenkamp now in one app (1)
- Maximum biological protection at Windset Farms (1)
- Asia: Beijing Kingpeng leads China's emergence in the greenhouse industry (2)
- Swedes design fully automated roof washer for poly houses (1)
- 2015 is declared as the International Year of Soils (1)
- Spain: Capital Genetic and Mendeleyes extend cooperation on Research and Development of new varieties (2)
- India: Andhra govt offers 75% subsidy for greenhouse farming (2)
- Saudi Arabia: Huge farm, nursery blaze in Qatif (1)
- Busting six myths about LED grow lights - part 1: Yield (2)
- Tomatoes: less nitrogen, top results (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Aeroponic towers: how they work and why they are so popular
- Rabobank net profit decreases, greenhouses a concern
- Koppert introduces natural spray treatment against aphids and whitefies
- Advanced greenhouse poly reduces temperature without losing light
- BrightBox: the most complete commercial research facility for growing without daylight
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
170 hectares of greenhouses:
Romania: Hortifruct to increase production of tomatoes and cucumberAfter selling 36,000 tons of fruit and vegetable in 2012, Romanian producersí organization Hortifruct plans to increase production to 38,000 tons this year. Most of this will be represented by tomatoes and cucumbers.
ďBoth larger crops as well as demand for local produce lead us to believe Romanian fruit and vegetable will have a strong comeback,Ē said Valeria Trica, Hortifructís manager.
In 2012 Hortifruct reported a total turnover of over 37 Euro million out of which 44 percent was represented by tomatoes and cucumber sales.
Hortifructís seven members own 170 hectares of greenhouses, 2,000 hectares of vineyards and 500 hectares of orchards and field crops.
About 35 percent of the organizationís 2013 production will be exported to countries like Austria, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia. New European export markets are targeted in the future.
The organizationís members are Leoser SA, Berser SA, Leader International SA, Frank í93 Prod SRL, Ostrovit SA, Lio Agro Com SRL and Ilser Oltenia SRL.
The organization was set up in 2007. It promotes locally grown fruit and vegetable and offers its members advisory services for production and marketing.
Publication date: 4/23/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.