Job offersmore »
- Sales Representative – New Jersey, USA
- Head Grower Vegetables - Australia, Melbourne area
- Export Area Manager
- Entomologist - Vietnam
- Head of Innovation - United Kingdom
- Sales Representative - Netherlands
- Account Manager Horticultural Projects - Netherlands
- Technical Sales Representative - Minnesota or Wisconsin, USA
- General Manager - Querétaro -Mexico
- Head grower/agronomist - China
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- "We'd like to stay in Ontario, but we are reaching a breaking point"
- Irish tomato grower expands greenhouse business
- Dehumidification doesn't have to make you sweat
- Susceptibility of basil species and cultivars to Peronospora belbahrii
- Fujitsu launches company in Finland to produce vegetables year-round
Top 5 - last month
- US: South Carolina entrepreneur combines engineering knowledge with a passion for growing
- US: Hydroponics can remain organic....for now
- Be prepared to clean the inner glass by the end of the season
- Photo Report Expo Agroalimentaria Guanajuato 2016
- Video: What is happening with all that used rockwool?
Exchange ratesmore »
170 hectares of greenhouses:
Romania: Hortifruct to increase production of tomatoes and cucumberAfter selling 36,000 tons of fruit and vegetable in 2012, Romanian producers’ organization Hortifruct plans to increase production to 38,000 tons this year. Most of this will be represented by tomatoes and cucumbers.
“Both larger crops as well as demand for local produce lead us to believe Romanian fruit and vegetable will have a strong comeback,” said Valeria Trica, Hortifruct’s manager.
In 2012 Hortifruct reported a total turnover of over 37 Euro million out of which 44 percent was represented by tomatoes and cucumber sales.
Hortifruct’s seven members own 170 hectares of greenhouses, 2,000 hectares of vineyards and 500 hectares of orchards and field crops.
About 35 percent of the organization’s 2013 production will be exported to countries like Austria, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia. New European export markets are targeted in the future.
The organization’s members are Leoser SA, Berser SA, Leader International SA, Frank ’93 Prod SRL, Ostrovit SA, Lio Agro Com SRL and Ilser Oltenia SRL.
The organization was set up in 2007. It promotes locally grown fruit and vegetable and offers its members advisory services for production and marketing.
Publication date: 4/23/2013
Other news in this sector: