- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Globally innovative Dutch agricultural equipment company shines at iFresh Fair
- Turkey: 1.1 billion USD exports from West Mediterranean region of Turkey so far in 2018
- Poland: Drought subsidies made available for farmers
- Plant Empowerment book officially launched at CGC
- Organic Grower Summit announces second education session
Top 5 -last week
US: Organic sales have plateaued
According to Research and Markets, the market for organic food products in the U.S. is projected to exceed $45 billion in 2015.
Despite availability, consumers are increasingly hard-pressed to justify the added expense, and sales have hit something of a plateau, according to a March 2015 article in Mintel Reports. Mintel reports that frequent buyers of organics were remaining loyal but likely to purchase cheaper organic products. Those who buy organics less often were likely to select even fewer organic products.
Nearly half of the 75 million strong Millennial Generation (born between 1981-2000) choose organic for at least half of their food and beverage purchases, but that percentage declines with age. Organic foods comprise more than half of the food purchases of only 12 percent of the Swing Generation and 19 percent of Baby Boomers.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 US: Organic Trade Association seeking “big ideas” on voluntary check-off
- 2018-11-15 "More and more Moroccan growers switch because of good demand for organic"
- 2018-10-30 "Market for organic vegetables is nowhere near saturated"
- 2018-10-29 France: Study shows promising health effects of organic diet
- 2018-10-23 CAN (ON): Developing a strategy for better information on organic production
- 2018-10-08 UK: Organic sector calls for much clearer contingency measures as Brexit looms
- 2018-10-04 "Growing organic not always feasible"
- 2018-10-03 Spain: Cybelion receives organic certification
- 2018-09-26 Ukrainian government established 2-level control system for organic products
- 2018-09-21 US: Record number of Organic Trade Association members vote in Board election
- 2018-09-11 Government of Canada celebrates Organic Week
- 2018-09-10 "Congress should support organic farming"
- 2018-08-27 More than $8 million to help strengthen and grow Canada's organic sector
- 2018-08-27 "Organic food exports at mercy of EU discretion after no-deal Brexit"
- 2018-08-24 US: Edible Garden to supply organic leafy greens to national grocery chains
- 2018-08-21 Organic agriculture on the rise in Bulgaria
- 2018-08-08 How does an organic farm create its own organic fertilizer?
- 2018-08-08 US (PA): $500,000 for Rodale Institute to fund organic research
- 2018-07-20 Spain: CASI doubles acreage devoted to organic production
- 2018-07-19 US: Organic labels must be removed from fumigated imports