- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US: Organic sales have plateaued
According to Research and Markets, the market for organic food products in the U.S. is projected to exceed $45 billion in 2015.
Despite availability, consumers are increasingly hard-pressed to justify the added expense, and sales have hit something of a plateau, according to a March 2015 article in Mintel Reports. Mintel reports that frequent buyers of organics were remaining loyal but likely to purchase cheaper organic products. Those who buy organics less often were likely to select even fewer organic products.
Nearly half of the 75 million strong Millennial Generation (born between 1981-2000) choose organic for at least half of their food and beverage purchases, but that percentage declines with age. Organic foods comprise more than half of the food purchases of only 12 percent of the Swing Generation and 19 percent of Baby Boomers.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/11/2018 Government of Canada celebrates Organic Week
- 09/10/2018 "Congress should support organic farming"
- 08/27/2018 More than $8 million to help strengthen and grow Canada's organic sector
- 08/27/2018 "Organic food exports at mercy of EU discretion after no-deal Brexit"
- 08/24/2018 US: Edible Garden to supply organic leafy greens to national grocery chains
- 08/21/2018 Organic agriculture on the rise in Bulgaria
- 08/08/2018 How does an organic farm create its own organic fertilizer?
- 08/08/2018 US (PA): $500,000 for Rodale Institute to fund organic research
- 07/20/2018 Spain: CASI doubles acreage devoted to organic production
- 07/19/2018 US: Organic labels must be removed from fumigated imports
- 07/13/2018 "Conversations about organic must change"
- 07/12/2018 US: Scholarship fund supports next generation of organic farmers
- 07/12/2018 Austria: Organic cucumber rarities sold exclusively by Merkur
- 07/10/2018 US (ME): MOFGA welcomes new executive director Sarah Alexander
- 07/06/2018 US: Ocean Mist Farms announces increase in organic vegetable acreage
- 07/05/2018 US: Nature's Path leaves Organic Trade Association
- 07/04/2018 France launches plan to increase organic acreage
- 06/27/2018 Optimising vegetable crops for organic farming
- 06/26/2018 Australia: Robots boost organic tomato farming
- 06/22/2018 EU: Ten-year reprieve for organic hydroponic growers