Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Zire Agro, Baku:
Azerbaijani grower aims at the top of the marketThe growers at Zire Agro in Bakü, Azerbaijan are the proud owners of a new state of art and high tech facility consisting of 10 hectare. They grow tomatoes and eggplants which they market to customers in domestic trade and retail as well as to Russia and Kazachstan.
"We opened our greenhouse in 2014, and since then we are growing high quality crops for the higher segment in the market", said owner of the greenhouse is Elnur Jabbaerli. "With our brand Zire Agro, it is our goal to occupy a position in the top three greenhouse grown tomato brands in Azerbaijan."
Quality is the number one reason for Jabbaerli to invest in high end technology."Our customers expect that we deliver a very consistent product with a very high quality. In this way we are quite unique and we can position our tomatoes and eggplants in the market like a niche."
Together with consultant Alper Beşiroğlu, the growers at Zire Agro aim for the best results. "Thanks to our glasshouse, we can control the climate perfectly. But at the moment the season started challengingly for us; We planted on September 1 and the winter was way too cloudy and we lost a lot of light, this will seriously affect our production. This makes it extra challenging for us to grow a consistent crop. But the first fruits that we harvested were very neat and had a very uniform quality and so far the glasshouse is doing a great job."
According to crop consultant Alper Beşiroğlu, the coarse fruit size and weight of the produce at Zire Agro is favoured by the market. "Not many growers in this climate are able to grow such a fruit without the help of high tech technology. The hydroponic growing system with coir growing bags of Riococo for example, enables us to maintain a very consistent crop. The substrate in the bags provide a very homogeneous environment for our crops and thanks to the perfect mixes we even maintain to grow a good crop when we suffer from severe heat in the summer months."
Owner Elnur Jabbarlı announced that the company experienced good feedback from their customers so far and they will expand the business in the near future.
For more information about Riococo & Benimplast:
Benimplast / Benimtex
Direct contact with Riococo:
Other news in this sector: